What Is Your Favourite New Blend and Why?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinkle

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 16, 2019
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I hope so! I have been very impressed with Mac Baren lately, especially their pressed tobaccos. I don’t seem to get the famed Mac Bite either. Lucky I guess. Or more Viking blood than I had imagined.
Yes I was shocked as well that I don’t seem to get bitten based on what I’ve read. If you haven’t tried Plumcake I would suggest it I’m almost done my first tin of it and I think I’m starting to prefer it over Mixture Scottish slightly.

Bowie

Oct 24, 2019
Minnesota
I hope so! I have been very impressed with Mac Baren lately, especially their pressed tobaccos. I don’t seem to get the famed Mac Bite either. Lucky I guess. Or more Viking blood than I had imagined.
Their 7 Seas Regular is great, if you like aromatics. This Viking likes it, anyway.

Reactions: Casual and MrTom

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
Yes I was shocked as well that I don’t seem to get bitten based on what I’ve read. If you haven’t tried Plumcake I would suggest it I’m almost done my first tin of it and I think I’m starting to prefer it over Mixture Scottish slightly.

The tin arrived last week but I’m on pipe hiatus for another month probably. I’m glad you like it, that means I likely will as well.

I’ve also got Acadian Perique, HH Pure Va, and University flake waiting to be tried as well. It’s going to be glorious once (if?) the quarantine ends.

magicpiper

Jul 9, 2018
MCO
My favourite new blend is Cornell and Diehl Carolina Red Flake, I only have 3 more tins in my cellar though so I'm gonna have to go easy on them.

I'm a big fan of Dunhill Flake as well, it's a great Virginia?. Dunhill Dark Flake is amazing as well.
I LOVE Dunhill Dark Flake. Really hoping to see it resurface with Peterson. If not, I’m not sure how long the 32 tins I have cellared will last ?

Spinkle

Sep 16, 2019
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
It was definitely on the press release they did because I remember seeing its picture. I've got about 15 tins left which at the rate I smoke will last me a good few years?.
I was never able to try Dark Flake so I’m hoping that Peterson does re-release it. I did find two tins of Flake at a local B&M from 2014 in the old square tins, of which I’ve smoked one. Delicious. Worth every penny of the extra taxes.

supdog

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2012
Arango Balkan Supreme. Every time I smoke it, I find something new to taste in it. I need to explore some more Balkans.
You should try C&D Super Balkan, it's very good and is a little bit cheaper than BS. Also, while not a Balkan, Stratfordshire (also from C&D) is an excellent English that is similar to BS.

Reactions: MrTom and Bowie

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
Seattle Pipe Club Potlatch does not seem to be among their top sellers, but I find it mellow and rich flavored, one of these blends with about six different tobaccos that manages to bring them together in harmony and still give an exciting smoke.
@mso489 ... I've seen your recommendation posts for SPC Potlatch in many threads and admire your enthusiasm and appreciation for the blend. Every time I see it mentioned, I take a minute to read its description again, seek additional reviews, and appreciate its really attractive label. I hope to order a tin of it one day before it becomes unavailable, but fore now I have too many other unopened tins to justify another full tobacco order. Thanks again for keeping this blend in my mind and take care.

Reactions: MrTom

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
Favorite new-to-me blends are:
1) Penzance
2) Elwood Flake #2 (been meaning to post a review!)
3) Dunhill Aperitif
4) McClelland Classic Samsun
5) Peterson Hyde Park

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
Here’s the really great thing about Balkan Supreme:

No, no you don’t. That’s what is so great about it. It hits the sweet spot of inexpensive, easily obtained, easy and consistent smoking, and great tasting that has no equal. Oh you will keep trying others, but they won’t hit all of those points. You’ll keep coming back.
^This. In fact, the only negative thing I can say about Balkan Supreme is that after it other Balkans taste flat or dull. Not sure if that's really a negative or just the biggest positive.

Reactions: MrTom and Casual

elasmo

Can't Leave
Mar 23, 2019
Speaking of Aperitif, I'm recently enjoying St. James Park (McConnell clone) quite alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.