What Is Your Favorite English or Balkan Blend Right Now?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluegrasspipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2017
Am I the only one that has a hard time pinning down a favorite English or Balkan blend?

I was a cigarette smoker for about 15 years and had no problem smoking camels day in and day out, and I know some of have your hands down favorite blends, but I tend to believe that variety is the spice of life.

If I had to pick one favorite English or Balkan blend right now, I think I would have to say Seattle Pipe Club's Plum Pudding Special Reserve.

I like so many of them, especially the oriental forward blends, but I rarely smoke the same blend twice in a week, which makes me think I am fairly easy to please.

What is your favorite, (you don't have to limit it to one, I know how difficult it can be). :puffy:
Edited by jvnshr: Title capitalization.

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
Murdock's Pipe

Bengal Slices

P.S. Proper English

P.S. English Oriental Supreme

Black Frigate
A lot of variety in flavors with these 5.

oldmansmoking

May 13, 2017
UK
I had a large sample of kensington tobacco sent to me from ASHDIGGER very nice with some good Latakia in it, some rate this as I do as a fine Balkan.

coldsmoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 29, 2016
Nunavut
Two I've been really enjoying lately have been C&D Pirate Kake and Seattle Pipe Club's Pike Place. I'm not much for Virginas but enjoy the burley.
One of the very best English "blends" I've ever smoked was after jarring about a half dozen different english/balkan blends for the cellar, I swept up the spillings from my desktop and loaded them into a bowl. I'd have a hard time reproducing it but it was memorably delicious!

fmgee

Sep 26, 2014
SPC Plum Pudding and GLP Abingdon are high on my list right now. Quiet Nights is also up there but generally I find I need several open at any one time to suit my mood

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
H&H Blackhouse

H&H Magnum Opus

H&H White Knight

McClelland Yenidje Highlander

SPC Mississippi River

McClelland Balkan Beauty

bluegrasspipe

Jan 13, 2017
Definitely love nightcap also..

I still haven't tried Yenidje Highlander. I have a couple tins in the cellar waiting.

I want to finish some jars before opening anything else.

edwinbaz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 26, 2014
Houston
I'm still grieving for the 10g or less I have left of 3 Oaks Syrian, and because I missed out on Foggy's sale of 1 billion tins.

Right now I'm gonna say Sutliff Bospohorus Cruise, may it rest in peace. It was a very overlooked blend, but it's fantastic. I also love G.L. Pease Quiet Nights, (any of his latakia blends, really), and Russ Oulette has some wonderful blends I enjoy, like Drawing Room and White Knight.

No, bluegrasspipe, you're definitely not alone in your difficulty deciding.

Jan 8, 2013
I've never really thought about Black Frigate being a Balkan or an English. I've always just thought of it being the awesomeness that it is... however, it is indeed one, so Black Frigate is my favorite. McClelland's Balkan Blue comes in second, with H&H Black House being a close third.... maybe tied with second... maybe I'll mix them together :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.