Lifer
Aug 21, 2019
Buenaventuta
bKHN02b.jpg

Idahojoe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 30, 2019
Wilder, Idaho
Although I don't smoke cigars much anymore, I often preferred H. Upmann brand cigars (Dominican). I had a friend (an avid cigar smoker) recommend this brand to me and of the different varieties I tried, I found all to be quite good.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Buenaventuta
bKHN02b.jpg
Yes! Curivari is a great brand and have some tremendous bargains. I really like the Achilles Heroicos in the 7 25" x 42 size. Outstanding.

View attachment 14986
Found my cigar, Rothchild Maduro

Love the core line fuente maduros. They have such a ripe and creamy profile. I think Fuente really understands that maduro should mean ripe and mature, where as some makers treat it as just dark and strong. For me, maduros are best on medium or even milder cigars.

odobenus

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 15, 2018
Vermont
NCC faves: Joya de Nicaragua, Caldwell, Plasencia, Tatuaje/L'Atelier, Man O War, La Aurora
CC: Bolivar, Partagas, El Rey del Mundo

odobenus

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 15, 2018
Vermont
I think Fuente really understands that maduro should mean ripe and mature, where as some makers treat it as just dark and strong. For me, maduros are best on medium or even milder cigars.
Totally agree. And I find that San Andres wrappers are being thrown on more and more cigars just to create a maduro, when what they really create is something strongly off-putting. But that's likely just personal preference.
(and not a mistake Fuente makes)

Reactions: danimalia

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Totally agree. And I find that San Andres wrappers are being thrown on more and more cigars just to create a maduro, when what they really create is something strongly off-putting. But that's likely just personal preference.
Totally agree. There are some San Andres wrapped cigars I really like such as My Father La Opulencia and Matilde Oscuro, but I think that wrapper leaf is used way too much and on cigars that sacrifice a lot of flavor for body and strength.

Reactions: odobenus

subsalac

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 9, 2018
I'm a total newbie to cigars, but recently a person from another group generously sent me my first 6 cigars to try. I'm down to one last cigar, but of the 5 I had, 3 stood out to me and were delicious-- I would happily smoke them again. They were called "Diesel Uncut", "Alec Bradley Black Market", and "La Aurora E Leon Maduro", all of the Robusto size. The last one was my favorite I think, because I smoked it to the maximum it would allow itself to be reasonably smoked.

Reactions: odobenus
Status
Not open for further replies.