PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
So this may be a RANT, but I like to think of it as more of an observation. I have been watching some pipe and or tobacco reviews online (videos). And although I am grateful for any tips anyone may give on a certain blend or pipe, I wish some of them would go back and watch it themselves before posting. I just got done watching a 15 min video that could have been done in 5 minutes. No one looks at the camera,they are off to the side or up to high. They push the pipe so close to the camera that everything go to a blur, and many seem to puff way to much in between talking about the product. And for GOD'S sake trim the the nails and scrape the dirt out before filming. Maybe I'm being to harsh, but there are a lot of bad ones out there before one finds a really good and useful one. I will not name any of the bad ones, however Russ from P&C does a wonderful job. Also a youtuber named stuff & things also does a nice job.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Sturgeon's Law --- 90% of everything is crap
George's Law --- Sturgeon was an optimist

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
where is the daggum like button?!
Thread hijack coming.
This made me smile from the memory. My Grampa used that term ALL the time. (This is in the 50's and 60's)...Dadgummit! He never cussed in front of any of us, nor smoked or drank alcohol, and he loved board games and card games.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Deathmetal's law -- 99% of everything is irrelevant
But, I guess I need to watch some of these videos. YouTube pops up a list of videos they think I would like, and they're all music, so I get easily distracted and end up clicking on death metal instead of pipes.
I would like to add that 99% of death metal reviews are crap too. I've done my part to reduce the insanity.

johnnyiii

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2013
hertford nc
And for GOD'S sake trim the the nails and scrape the dirt out before filming. 
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
My 2nd best laugh of the day. The guy that sanded his new Pete to bare wood just nudged you out.

lasttango

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2012
Wilmington, De / Ithaca, NY
There's this one guy... who while he smokes his pipe and reviews tobacco discusses "women."
He's a fairly enjoyable character and none of his rants are particularly offensive... instead, I start feeling somewhat sorry for him. Seems like he's dated some really greedy women.
But yeah, too many dudes who like being in front of a camera and lack charisma and insight. Their communication skills are quite poor.
It's like that with so many different products and hobbies.
I think we should have a thread dedicated to the best and the worst youtube reviews ;-) or the best and the most ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.