PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard987

Lurker
Dec 27, 2020
Saint Petersburg, Fl
Shit is pretty bad. It can taste ok but it sears your mouth.
I tried Borkum riff (bourbon) hoping I would be enjoy it. It burned really hot and fast. I tried to retro hale it. It was very hot and burned my nostrils and very strong. My reaction was that smelled bad and smelled like bad cigarettes.??Never will smoke again.
Awful tobacco.

gastro

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 3, 2020
Twin Cities, Minnesota
I tried Borkum riff (bourbon) hoping I would be enjoy it. It burned really hot and fast. I tried to retro hale it. It was very hot and burned my nostrils and very strong. My reaction was that smelled bad and smelled like bad cigarettes.??Never will smoke again.
Awful tobacco.
I wholeheartedly agree, I've been on a pouch kick lately and borkum riff whiskey is pure garbage, started hot as hell, had to sip it to get through it. wondering if I should just throw it away or blend it away little by little. Too bad, the packaging is great.

Reactions: logs

ahouston

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 27, 2020
Montreal

Nording: Hunter Blend: Labrador​

I almost threw away my favorite pipe. The knowledge alone that this blend had been in it was enough to make me retch.

• Wow
Reactions: logs

Architeuthis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 17, 2021
It has been a long time since I smoked Borkum Riff and I didn't really know much about tobacco at the time. One of my favorite college professors smoked Borkum Riff all day long and so I bought some to smoke as well. Like others have mentioned it smoked very hot and scalded the taste buds off my tongue. In retrospect, it tasted like smoking a wadded up bunch of brown paper lunch sack.

That was not the worst though.

Far, far worse was Stokkebye Peaches and Cream. Holy mother of god. I soldiered through a bowl, then threw the rest in the trash and took a hot shower. Kept getting traces of a whiff of it for a couple of days. Absolutely wretched.

gastro

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 3, 2020
Twin Cities, Minnesota
It has been a long time since I smoked Borkum Riff and I didn't really know much about tobacco at the time. One of my favorite college professors smoked Borkum Riff all day long and so I bought some to smoke as well. Like others have mentioned it smoked very hot and scalded the taste buds off my tongue. In retrospect, it tasted like smoking a wadded up bunch of brown paper lunch sack.

That was not the worst though.

Far, far worse was Stokkebye Peaches and Cream. Holy mother of god. I soldiered through a bowl, then threw the rest in the trash and took a hot shower. Kept getting traces of a whiff of it for a couple of days. Absolutely wretched.
I tried some dutch master whiskey cavendish the other day and I wholeheartedly recommend. It used to be old grand dad, but had to change the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.