What Is The Most Number Of New Pipes You have Begun Smoking In One Day?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Yesterday I set my record I think. I can't remember 20 plus years ago when I may have also done it but since I don't remember yesterday counts as the most.
I got 3 more Jack Howell pipes in which makes 5 of my 7 day set. As soon as the mail man dropped them off I put down the pipe I was smoking( as I am like a little kid with a new toy) and went one after the other. I started with the Dublin, then the Rhodesian and finally around 1 am I got to the Lovat.

Every pipe was exceptional, smoking cool and dry and as comfortable as can be. Thank you Jack, this has been a fun time for me during these difficult days. I am excited to be getting 2 more the Bulldog and Apple and I can guarantee if they are in the same box they will get smoked back to back.

Here are the latest three smoked in order.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Beautiful pipes. How are you getting all these new Jack Howell pipes? They seem to be uncommon pipes only sold from his website.
Thanks for the nice replies;

Amercianman, I commissioned a pipe with Jack a couple of weeks ago as I had been after one of his pipes for years. He took a break from the biz so when I saw he was back I contacted him and he made me a pipe I liked so much I asked him to make me a 7 day set. There are 2 more to go and I will be all set. I have smoked lot of high line pipes in my day from Formers to Reiner Barbi's to Balleby's and more and Jack's pipes smoke better than all those alleged Danish masters.

Severus

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 1, 2020
Vaughan, ON
So far I‘ve only smoked one new pipe in a day.

Two weeks ago I received two pipes in mail and I smoked one on the same day Ingot the mail and the other one the following day. My wife never gets it - how is it that I usually have the patience and able to wait before trying something new that I got my hands on. I find a special pleasure in the anticipation of the experience. Its not the same as the pleasure from experience itself, but why deprive myself from another kind of a pleasure if I dont have too. :)

Beautiful pipes! I especially like the looks of that Dublin shape. Enjoy!!!

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
I smoked two brand new ones in one day and thought I was being all fancy. Probably won’t ever buy two new pipes at the same time anytime soon.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've bought three pipes at a pipe show, but only smoked one in a day. I get superstitious, like I have to pay close attention to fully understand the pipe at the outset.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I am now up to ten Jack Howell pipes with more on the way. I sold off somewhere in the 40 pipe range with s few more to go. I think 60 well made artisan pipes is a good number. Who knows where I end up but I am having fun adding and subtracting, Some of the pipes I do remember buying for a certain price and when I score it is fun. There have been a few pipes where I broke even and that is cool. The homeruns I have hit are a real blast.

Here is a panel pipe. I have always wanted one but have no idea why I never bought one. I also bought another Dublin in a different color.

Last edited:

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
When I had taken delivery of my 8 Day Matching Set from Ryan Alden I waited two days for the weekend and gave each one its maiden voyage that day. So 8 in one day.

Funny thing was I kept asking him to send me a pipe as he finished. He told me no. It’d be a helluva more fun all at once.

It absolutely was.

Enjoy the hell out of your 7 day. It’s an exciting accomplishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.