PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

SBC

Lifer
Oct 6, 2021
NE Wisconsin
I'm sitting on maybe pounds of dried out 00 and 44 that I don't want, as I'm not a burley smoker.

I got them off a dead guy, at an estate auction -- they came with some Virginias that I did want.

They're still in their large bags, and have been for years. They're bone dry, obviously.

Anybody want them?

Auxsender

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 17, 2022
Nashville
I might be wrong but I can’t imagine 3 ounces of widely available and still produced Uhle’s is worth $25 shipped to me. Exotic and totally unique HU blends shipped from Germany cost less. Pass.

ADKPiper

Dec 13, 2020
Adirondack Mountains
Every blend listed is on the Gold Standard Blends list
I'm working my way through that list myself and so far I have not been disappointed.
The Consensus is in on Uhle's definitely worth the shipping to try out might be the bulk of your Burley in the Cellar...
It's an understatement.
I have enough on hand to last me a year.
Which is actually a good thing.
I like having the mainstay on hand so I can dabble with trying new blends a tin at a time.
I've also stockpiled ES 4th generation 1931.
And a good amount of Former's flakes.

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
It's an understatement.
I have enough on hand to last me a year.
Which is actually a good thing.
I like having the mainstay on hand so I can dabble with trying new blends a tin at a time.
I've also stockpiled ES 4th generation 1931.
And a good amount of Former's flakes.
Yeah have yet to try 1931, I want to get the pipe to go with it, and I love the idea of pipe and tobacco pairings, even if a gimmick more companies should do it, helps to have a plan when you have PAD/TAD/OCD.
I need to check out Formers too, thanks for the heads up, nice to know of other blends when people have similar favorites.
Been smoking the bottom 3rd of the bowl Capstan Blue top 2/3rds Five brothers as a variation on Pipestud's RoyaYacht / Five brother mix, amazing in bowl combo... cheers

ADKPiper

Dec 13, 2020
Adirondack Mountains

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Yeah have yet to try 1931, I want to get the pipe to go with it, and I love the idea of pipe and tobacco pairings, even if a gimmick more companies should do it, helps to have a plan when you have PAD/TAD/OCD.
I need to check out Formers too, thanks for the heads up, nice to know of other blends when people have similar favorites.
Been smoking the bottom 3rd of the bowl Capstan Blue top 2/3rds Five brothers as a variation on Pipestud's RoyaYacht / Five brother mix, amazing in bowl combo... cheers
Great tip, vosGghos!

I just tried a bowl of your Capstan Blue from year 2013 with Five Brothers as the topper, and it is super good. Five Brothers came through and absorbed that wonderful Capstan Blue topping. I don't think anyone is going to see the early Mac Baren's Capstan Blue on my website for awhile. (-:

Steve

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
Great tip, vosGghos!

I just tried a bowl of your Capstan Blue from year 2013 with Five Brothers as the topper, and it is super good. Five Brothers came through and absorbed that wonderful Capstan Blue topping. I don't think anyone is going to see the early Mac Baren's Capstan Blue on my website for awhile. (-:

Steve
It's been my go-to lately, had no idea how the sweetness could shine through and still leave me with such a satisfying robust nic fix , tis I should be thanking you...;)

Reactions: pipestud

pharaohfitz

Lurker
May 13, 2010
Erehwon
Periodically, I have seen the name mentioned in the 'what are you smoking' section of the forum. But I never ordered from them. On a scale of 1-10, what do you guys think of their blends?

Care to offer a recommendation for a smoker who is (temporarily) burned out on lat heavy blends. I currently like BPC and 333, W, etc. I'm well stocked up on those, but am curious about Uhle's. 00 and PPB have been mentioned. I have been restocking the cellar lately, but don't need any more blends that are just: meh.
I’m partial to 300 and like PPB and 00. I normally don’t smoke a lot of burley but these folks have the best.

Reactions: Arthur Frayn