PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2017
Barepipe, When I am in the mood for Vanilla tobacco, these are the ones I smoke. you might like one of them or all :)
# 47 Dansk Black by Peter Stokkebye
Bella Vanilla by Scandinavian Tobacco Group for CAO International
C'est La Vie, French Vanilla by Scandinavian Tobacco Group
1M Vanilla By Sutliff
1Q By Lane Limited

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I am a big vanilla fan and I've tried them all.
I really have to say Lane Vanilla Black Cavendish if you can find it is far far far and away the best vanilla.
Even Jim gives it 4 stars!!!!!
I have to say it is so good I'd almost be willing to say it might end up being my desert island pick.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I mostly do non-aromatics, but I enjoy a few aros as a change, and those are mostly flavored with liqueurs, whiskey, or rum, but the last vanilla aro I enjoyed was Lane LL-7, which has some vanilla and also caramel I believe. Eventually, it just wasn't tobacco forward enough for me, as is true of many aros. I shipped it off for a good cause, military veteran pipe smokers. There are some elegant vanilla blends out there, creamy with a wonderful room note, but just a little too flavored for me.

floridapipeman

Might Stick Around
Jun 3, 2018
Vanilla Black Cavendish is excellent but it's almost non-existent. Haven't had it in a long while and brought back some great memories. I forgot all about it until now. So, I went online and Payless has it but I get hit with taxes because they have related company stores in Florida (my cost would be $50 a pound). The only other one I see is Top Hat who only sells 5lb bags for $150. Ever feel totally screwed! 8O

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I’m a big fan of Mac Baren Vanilla Cream Flake.
That being said, I’m also having fun making my own blends experimenting with various ratios. Find a vanilla black cav that you like and mix it up. 40% Marble Kake, 10% stoved Virginia, 30% Burley (I use P & C Blending cube cut), and 20% Vanilla cav is the blend I’ve been smoking lately. Plenty of vanilla flavor and room note, but it doesn’t overwhelm the other ingredients. The process of experimenting to find a mix I liked was pretty entertaining

Status
Not open for further replies.