What is the Aromatic you keep in your Rotation?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

ebnash

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 5, 2019
Los Gatos, CA
At the moment, I really only smoke one aromatic in a dedicated briar. Typically, this is a once in a blue moon smoke, but I’ve discovered that I can smoke this in my truck occasionally on the commute home and ithe smell clears pretty quickly.
For the most part, I smoke Burley Flakes and a few Straight Va’s, but I do still enjoy a bowl of Hiland’s Pete’s Moss.
Is there an aromatic that has stayed in your rotation or cellar for occasional smoke, and if so, what is it? I’m curious to try something else as my current jar of PM is almost gone.

canadianpuffer

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2017
I’m not an aro guy either, but keep a few on hand for when the mood strikes. Country squire old Toby, macbaren hh vanilla flake, C&D autumn evening, ole shanandoah Appalachian berry/brandy berry whatever it’s called now. For UK style lakelands I like gl pease Stonehenge, ennerdale by G&H. A few others.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I'm mostly into Virginia, VaPers, and Burley blends. I still have a jar of Lane's 1Q laying around the cellar that I'll break out from time to time. I still enjoy the flavor and the wife loves the room note.

mityahicks

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 18, 2018
I smoke many Lakeland Aros but those are thier own class. I like Vanilla Custard, petestoke Cherry.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Non-aro and burley are first with me, but Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic (with Virginia and three liqueurs for flavoring) seems to get re-ordered. I have several other aromatic blends that I smoke from time to time.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
I enjoy several aromatics, but the one that I always keep in stock and enjoy on a daily basis is MacBaren's Vanilla Cream Loose Cut. Here's the link on Tobacco Reviews: http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/714/mac-baren-vanilla-cream-loose-cut

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have the following aromatics in my cellar.

Peterson University Flake

Mac Baren Modern Virginia Flake

John Aylesbury Dragon Flake

Cult Blood Red Moon

Sutliff Molto Dolce

spartacus

Lifer
Nov 7, 2018
Mesa, Arizona
I have a few aromatics that I smoke. The ones that get the most attention are:
Cult Blood Red Moon

Mac Baren Vanilla Cream

My Own Mix - April Morning

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
jolly-roger-600x399.jpg

jay-roger.jpg

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
I like GL Pease's The Virginia Cream, which to my mind is just baaarely an aromatic.
I've been meaning to try Butternut Burley and Trout Stream for years. Really need to pull the trigger on those.

autumnfog

Lifer
Jul 22, 2018
Sweden
Autumn Evening.

Really like this maple thing.

It's a smooth, round sort of taste which goes very well with tobacco.
I also have some Virginia Cream and Trout Stream in the cellar but haven't tried them yet.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
My last two tins of Nording Hunter's Blend Labrador are going fast. That was my fave. Unfortunately, being a mclelland product, its likely gone forever. But I like CAO Eileen's Dream as well.
Outside of that our local B&M (G & P) makes a nice aro called Stoney's blend. With Alaska's absurd 120% tobacco tax, it's like $6 an oz, but I like to support the local shop when I can anyway, because they often get blends I can't find on the internet (bought some stonehaven and penzance there yesterday, squadron leader in bulk last week).
I also keep some Lane 1Q and trout stream/anglers dream around, and I have a few more in the cellar ready to try, Autumn evening, Ole shenandoah berry, rattray's bagpipers dream and buckingham, etc. I am mostly a Va/VaPer and English guy though, so the aromatics only get hit about once a month in rotation. Probably crack that buckingham next, it sounds intriguing.
Short story long, I'd stick with Stoney's blend, but since that's local I'll say CAO Eileen's Dream if I had to pick one.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
I've smoked pounds of Butternut Burley over the years, but for me it has changed. It has turned bitter and the sweetness I remember from years ago is no longer there. It may be a go to blend for many and I don't discourage others from smoking it, but for some reason I'm having problems with the blend. Tastes change, so maybe I'll try some in a few years if it's still around.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Many, many aromatics in the rotation. Edward G. Robinson, Cult Blood Red Moon as mentioned above are favorites. A current favorite that's been getting a lot of my attention recently is W.O. Larsen 1864, a tobacco-forward mixed fruit-cocoa with some spiciness with an ambient note that has solicited an unusual number of compliments, even from strangers.
Non-aro and burley are first with me, but Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic (with Virginia and three liqueurs for flavoring) seems to get re-ordered.

This is good stuff, a meat-and-potatoes aro I smoked almost exclusively for weeks. I buy this by the tub! :puffy:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Edward G. Robinson blend bears repeating, also one of jiminks favored aromatics. If you kind of like to go with an outlier now and then, Embers put a few of us onto Mixture No. 79, formerly completely a "joke" blend, but if you tolerate licorice flavoring, it is a tobacco forward blend and not bad. Erin Go Braugh is a nice whiskey blends, and C'est La Vie is a nice version of vanilla.

Status
Not open for further replies.