PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Haddo’s smelled like chocolate and raisins from the tin for me, and tasted of nought.

Personally i love the smell of unburnt Latakia, gives me images of an old uncle I had, he smoked a pipe but couldn’t possibly remember anything, or even the smell. Most likely Clan or Captain Black which is what loads of people smoked and still smoke in Greece. He was an academic, tall, bone thin, with a neat grey beard. Remember he wore woollen suits and was always buried behind mountains of papers and books.

Last edited:

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Latakia stinks
My wife says the same thing. When I started smoking a pipe, everything I bought was with latakia and now my modest cellar is 80% Virginia and 20% latakia. But at the moment I like the latakia blends. I also remember the first time I bought a can of Peterson's irish flake, he punched me and knocked me out on the couch at home. But I liked it, little by little.For example, C&D: Pirate Kake is one of my big favorites. Only three years smoking pipes, I'm still a baby and I'm still learning like a happy hromiga, from you great masters................

jwesthurl

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 27, 2022
St. Louis
Ok I am new. Just loaded all of my samples into my mason jars. Smelled them all, or is it smelt? Anyway all were ok to nice with some variances but man o man the Lane Bulk HGL sample was as if I snorted ashes from ash tray. What in the heck is in that? Is it the Latakia? I hope it does not taste like it smells? I am putting that one on end of the list.

Description:
“Lane Limited HGL is a mixture of black Cavendish laced with smoky Latakia blended with mellow white Burley and golden Virginia to produce a sweet, fuller-bodied smoke, that is still cool and slow-burning.”
So have you tried it yet? I’m new too and it’s been my favorite smoke so far. I didn’t get unpleasant ash on the tin note but more of a smoky BBQ. Smells delicious to me and tastes even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.