What is Samuel Gawith’s Most Under-Rated Tobacco?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 23, 2019
Why limit yourself to SG?

Squadron Leader, 1792, St James Flake, Chocolate Flake, FVF, Skiff Mixture, Best Brown Flake. The only one I didn’t get on with was 1792, really.

Which of these did you like?

- - -

Sam's Flake is a mild Oriental I really enjoy. Most don't like it for the "sour" turkish leaves but it smokes FANTASTIC in this pencil-shank Scottie Piersel I have.

Horse for courses, it's almost fun to blindly try them and see for yourself!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
SG Golden Glow is one of my favorites I don't hear many people talking about. It is a mild blend that is smooth and a great morning smoke. One day I got lucky and was able to buy half a dozen tins or so of 2008 tins from Pipestud at a really great price so I snagged them quickly. I had smoked some fresh years ago and really enjoyed it, so I was hoping the aged versions would smoke really well and it did.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
1792 is among my top 5 smokes - but of course nobody needs to like anything anyone else does! The rest are considered top of the range. I also like Balkan Flake and Brown No.4
Excellent point on Balkan. Twenty years ago I was ordering many tins of it.
Another from back then was Commonwealth - my memory isn’t great, but back then I think it was under 25 bucks for a pound bad from Smoking Pipes.
That’s a terrific Virginia/Latakia mixture.

Status
Not open for further replies.