PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sambruce56

Lurker
Jan 29, 2019
I have an old pipe from my grandfather and all it says on it is neerlined italy. I have found no information on it whatsoever anywhere on the internet. Any information about it would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
A pipe with a meerschaum chamber.
004-002-2377.jpg

sambruce56

Lurker
Jan 29, 2019
I don’t know how to post photos on here how do I go about that it asks for a url to the image do I need to upload it elsewhere before I can post it here? But this pipe does not have a lining such as that one.

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
There is an old thread about posting images. Try the search engine. It's a very demanding endeavor and might be the single most difficult thing about pipe smoking.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Once your photos are on a photo hosting site (such as Imgur.com; Postimage; Dropbox, etc. Photobucket), or on virtually any site, including this site's album such as eBay, Amazon, you-name-it, select the full sized image, then Control-click (Mac) or Right-click (Windows) on the image itself, then choose "copy image location" or similar words. Now paste that URL (the full web address, which should end in .jpg or .png) into the IMG box in the reply window of the thread you're posting to.
The site's album is also a good choice for displaying photos, and the same method works for obtaining the image's URL for copying into the IMG box.
There are other good illustrations and steps on how to post photos in the "Latest Discussions" box,

LINK to that thread

sambruce56

Lurker
Jan 29, 2019
w8sGDNC.jpg
ahlpPhw.jpg
GUqP6Ss.jpg
here are the images of the pipe there are no other markings on it except for “meerlined” and “Italy”

doctorbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 18, 2014
Grand Ledge, Michigan
It's a generic meerschaum lined pipe, missing the meerschaum. It's not really a functional pipe anymore as the walls are too thin.
Good memento, not much else.
Doc

Status
Not open for further replies.