Starting to Get Obsessed
- Jun 5, 2022
The ritual and flavor does it for me. Working in the yard while puffing away is super relaxing. I also love the nostalgia and memories of my grandparents and dad smoking.
I was wondering if anyone else caught that this was a ChatGPT generated response to the question!That's a decent response generated by an artificially intellegent model. Pretty exciting/scary world we're heading into.
Stress is defined as the confusion created when the brain overrides the body's basic desire to choke the shite out of some arsehole who desperately deserves it.1 through 5 plus it keeps me from choking the living day lights out of someone who has pissed me off.
For an AI that hasn't actually experienced the pleasure of smoking a pipe (or anything else, for that matter), ChatGPT pretty well captures how I'd answer the prompt. As a few others have added, smoking a pipe offers the benefit of modest nic intake (assuming the smoker inhales only minimally) without the likelihood of addiction. Before I tried a pipe for the first time, a primary attraction was the prospect of smoking without inhaling. A less consequential but still appealing aspect of pipe smoking is that pipes and pipe tobacco were reasonably accessible to me as a teenager (I could easily borrow an older family member's pipe and a bowl of tobacco, and it was almost no trouble to buy a pipe and pipe tobacco of my own when I got bold enough to try).Title edited for caps and brevity.
People find different things appealing about pipe smoking, and it can vary from person to person. Here are some common reasons why people enjoy pipe smoking:
- Flavor and aroma: Pipe tobacco comes in many different flavors and blends, and smokers can enjoy the different aromas and tastes of the tobacco. Some people enjoy the complexity of different flavors and enjoy trying new blends.
- Relaxation: Pipe smoking can be a way to relax and unwind after a long day. The ritual of packing and lighting a pipe, then sitting down to enjoy it, can be a calming and meditative experience for some people.
- Socialization: Pipe smoking can be a social activity, and many people enjoy sharing a smoke with friends or family members. It can be a way to connect with others who share a similar interest in pipes and tobacco.
- Aesthetics: Some people find the look and feel of a pipe to be appealing. Pipes come in many different styles and materials, and some people enjoy collecting and displaying them.
- Nostalgia: Pipe smoking has a long history, and some people enjoy the nostalgia associated with smoking a pipe. It can be a way to connect with past generations and historical traditions.
Amen. Yet I can still feel like a sailor just back to shore with a full bowl of Royal Yacht, and I am learning the joys of the retrohale. Also, Nic ain't the bad guy it's been made out to be, methinks. All the other crap one inhales (when one inhales) is what does one in.For an AI that hasn't actually experienced the pleasure of smoking a pipe (or anything else, for that matter), ChatGPT pretty well captures how I'd answer the prompt. As a few others have added, smoking a pipe offers the benefit of modest nic intake (assuming the smoker inhales only minimally) without the likelihood of addiction. Before I tried a pipe for the first time, a primary attraction was the prospect of smoking without inhaling.
You nailed itAchieving a meditative state while being wholly conscious and aware.
Hmmm...I'm less. Or at least I'm assuming this is so, judging from the copious number of restraining orders I've yet to fish out of my mailbox......more attractive to beautiful women...
The past no longer exists, the future is a negative egoic illusion.
The unconscious thinking mind is repetitive mental noise and is highly destructive. (Monkey Brain)
Pipe smoking keeps me focused on the "Now" the present conscious mind.
The power of living in the "Now" is our pathway to becoming spiritually aware.'
Quieting the mind while being stoically still in the silence of the "Now" while pipe smoking is transformative and enlightening.
Be the watcher, the witness of your conscious presence.
No worries. Dabble with it a bit anyway.I was wondering if anyone else caught that this was a ChatGPT generated response to the question!