PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Sir Yak

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 15, 2022
Arkansas
I’ve been VERY busy at work since Christmas. This week I’m road-tripping with my family and we are heading to North Carolina to a cabin in the mountains for several days. I am gonna be spending some time sitting on that porch enjoying the view. Since the goal is to RELAX I wanted to be sure I was prepared pipe-wise. I packed 3 Ser Jacopos. I brought along some Sun Bear. Some McClelland 40th Anniversary and an unopened tin of Hal of the Wynd. I’ve never smoked HOTW but my most regular smoke is Old Gowrie so I’ve wanted to give it a try. We’re spending a day at Mammoth Cave Nat. Park tomorrow and then it’s off to the mountains. I’ve been looking forward to smoking a pipe in the smokies for a month😁. I’m ready!

F

fMf Piper

Sounds amazing. Nothing better than a cabin in the mountains to help you relax.

I hope it turns out even better than it sounds.

Reactions: JOHN72 and kurtbob

Jef

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2019
North Carolina
I’ve been VERY busy at work since Christmas. This week I’m road-tripping with my family and we are heading to North Carolina to a cabin in the mountains for several days. I am gonna be spending some time sitting on that porch enjoying the view. Since the goal is to RELAX I wanted to be sure I was prepared pipe-wise. I packed 3 Ser Jacopos. I brought along some Sun Bear. Some McClelland 40th Anniversary and an unopened tin of Hal of the Wynd. I’ve never smoked HOTW but my most regular smoke is Old Gowrie so I’ve wanted to give it a try. We’re spending a day at Mammoth Cave Nat. Park tomorrow and then it’s off to the mountains. I’ve been looking forward to smoking a pipe in the smokies for a month😁. I’m ready!
You are going to like Mammoth Cave.

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.
Back in the day... when I used to travel a lot, I always took my leather pipe pouch. It holds 6 pipes plus has a slot for a 50 gram tin and a pouch for misc. stuff. I always carried 6 medium size Castellos... not my favorites in case something happened to them. Usually I would run out of tobacco and would go to my backup tin from my suitcase. Ah, those were the days. puffy

Sir Yak

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 15, 2022
Arkansas
You are going to like Mammoth Cave.
Oh man we missed it—some BAD winds tore thru here Friday and the park was actually closed yesterday and today. BUT the weather is perfect today and we rode horses up in the hills and did an escape room instead. Monitor and adjust🙂.

Reactions: Jef and vosBghos