PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Lurker
Mar 30, 2020
Hi, I returned to smoking my pipe(s) after nearly a 35 year hiatus. (It’s like meeting an old friend.) I was a big fan of Rattray’s tobaccos but can’t seem to find it anywhere. Would anyone know what happened to the line of tobaccos or where I could purchase it? Thanks!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Hi, I returned to smoking my pipe(s) after nearly a 35 year hiatus. (It’s like meeting an old friend.) I was a big fan of Rattray’s tobaccos but can’t seem to find it anywhere. Would anyone know what happened to the line of tobaccos or where I could purchase it? Thanks!
As soon as it drops online, it's gone in a matter of hours. Same with Gawith & Hoggarth blends, Esoterica, and a few others. With the deeming coming in the next year or so, folks are panic shopping.

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
Rattrays was being made by McConnell back when you were originally smoking. But, like most famous Brittish/Scottish/Irish blends, it was bought by one of the large European manufacturers. Kolhasse & Kopp owns it now. And yes, it's a great deal harder to come by in the US.

Watch City, The Briary, and Mars Cigars has some tins in stock at the moment. You can usually find it at Iwan Ries too.

Theo

Lurker
Mar 30, 2020
Hi Paulfg,

I hail from NYC, but have lived in NJ for the past 28 years. I thought about ordering from Europe, but I know that "the Post" has been pretty much suspended due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. I ordered a Volkan pipe and a couple of pipes from Mr. Balandis. If you are unfamiliar with either of these pipe makers, Volkan pipes are available on eBay. Mr. Balandis has his own website. The pictures and descriptions of these pipes look great. The prices, especially for Mr. Balandis' is unbelievable. Both companies, Volkan in Italy and Mr. Balandis from Poland wrote that my order will be shipped whenever mail service resumes.

Worknman

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 23, 2019
I received some hal o the wynd from estervals in early January. Somehow I also got lucky and scored some old gowrie from smoking pipes I believe around the fall of last year.

Reactions: ram74 and BROBS
Status
Not open for further replies.