What Food or Drink, It Increase the Pleasure When You Smoke?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ice water, coffee, and in the dog days of summer, mint iced tea.
I like a slice of apple occasionally between blends. And, with my just before bed, heart attack smoke of the strongest blends, I like to have some of those small Hershey bars with almonds, like the Halloween sized ones. The sugar knocks the "overdose feeling" off for me.

Jun 23, 2019
People always say they like a smokey scotch when they smoke something, I find this kinda silly.

Do you ask for a skirt steak on the side of your porterhouse?

I like to pair my smoke with my drink, there are many combinations I really like:

Black coffee with an aromatic;

Coffee with milk with a Va/Per or Virginia; and, my favorite,

Soda with English blends.

Sometimes I work in orange slices too with Englishes but generally I don't like having "food" in my mouth when I'm smoking.

But these are all personal preferences, yada yada yada, your mileage may vary and all that.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A substantial meal and good hydration (whatever the carrier for the water may be) improve the smoking experience. Good beer and good wine sometimes contend with the complexity of a pipe blend, but that depends on the blend, and likewise with coffee. Ice water is usually the best for me, if I am paying attention to the flavors in the blend. I love tea but can't do it, or only rarely, because of kidney stones.

Status
Not open for further replies.