PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason64

Might Stick Around
Dec 12, 2012
I am not familiar with the terminology when it comes to the pipes. Would some one please educate me about this “maxima” in ser javopo? Also what is R1?

btp79

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2018
Sugar Land, TX
I’m pretty sure it’s in reference to size. The more maximas, the larger the pipe. I saw an 8 maximas pipe at a local shop. It made Peterson house pipes look like one hitters.

cranseiron

Part of the Furniture Now
May 17, 2013
McHenry, MS
Are Ser Jacopos good smokers? I have three. One is an elusive "magic" pipe that is astounding. The second one is a good smoker and the third is just average. I'm basing my ranking on how each one imparts tobacco flavor according to my taste. My Jacopos are beautifully constructed and gorgeous to my eye. Having said this, with briar you never know what you're going to end up with and which particular pipe will smoke what particular tobacco to your liking. My three Jacopos don't all have the same smoking qualities concerning impartation of flavor. You can't really know what you're going to end up with until after break in and even then the pipe may take a significant amount of time to find its sweet spot. I find briar pipes a bit mysterious in this regard and a quality that has me preferring briar over meerschuam or cob-- my opinion only. Anyway, I like my Ser Jacopos quite a lot.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I have one Ser Jacopo bent Rhodesian and it is a fantastic smoker. A good looker, too.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have one SJ and it is excellent. Bought it on a deep discount, new, on sale from SP.

brooklynpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2018
2 SJ's. 1 coral dot from the nineties that is an S2 (light brown sandblast) billiard. Never understood why I didn't ever come to love it like I should. And a picta hawkbill that smokes better than I remember every time.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Here is an example of a Ser Jacopo Maxima "L" (smooth finish, silver accent) in a churchwarden.
The Maxima's are big pipes. I love mine dearly.

22fKkxL.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.