What Do You Think of GL Pease Quiet Nights?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

indoeuro

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Central Texas
It's going to be awhile before I taste it. I'm working through the line alphabetically and have only just made it to Embarcadero.
Which is really great, btw.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
I loved Kyle's review and wedding bells are definitely a possibility!

And owias12, Greg Pease actually compared Quiet Nights & Chelsea Morning on www.tobaccoreviews.com. This is what he says -

"Notes: This is the second entry in the Old London Series. It is fuller and somewhat more latakia forward than Chelsea Morning, with a higher percentage of Orientals, and less perique. It's rich, complex, leathery and smoky, with a naturally sweet structure from the darker Virginias, and a balanced Oriental spice. It compares in strength and fullness with blends like Samarra and Blackpoint, but the pressing makes it deeper, darker, and brings new dimensions to the flavors and aromas. It's really wonderful. An ideal addition to the series, perfectly complimenting a relaxing evening.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
QN is an awesome blend. I heard some saying it's somewhat like Nightcap. Don't really think they are that similar. QN was much more refined to me.

Reactions: dcon

stbruno70

Jul 9, 2013
I have been smoking QN for years, and do admire it. If you want some Lat but are not in the mood for his fuller Lat blends (Abingdon, Odyssey, Lagonda, etc) then QN is the one to go to.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Another great review by Kye!

Back when I was first into piping and was a Lat hound, I found QN a bit too light in Latakia for me. After returning to the pipe last Summer, I really have no idea what I was thinking back then. I do prefer medium or well-balanced (i.e. not Lat bombs) blends these days, but QN sure seems like it has plenty of Latakia to me now, and I like it a lot.I don't know if it's the power of suggestion due to the tin description, but it really does have a very "ripe" tasting foundation.

I think I prefer the new Spark Plug as an evening, full-English/Balkan/Latakia style blend, but time will tell which I find myself reaching for more often in the years to come.

marconi

May 17, 2019
England
I have been smoking a tin of this during the winter very complex blend, just ordered another tin.

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
I picked up a tin of this at a B and M in Phoenix about a month ago. I'm planning on letting it sit for a while, but reading these reviews is making me want to pop it now!

boston

Jun 27, 2018
Boston
When Greg was concocting this blend years ago he sent me a fair amount of the final recipe before it was tinned. I still have at least a pound jarred that has been aging since. I recall he wanted to call it nocturne, but apparently McClelland had used the same or a similar name so Greg decided on quiet nights. I liked the name nocturne better, but in any case this is a superior blend. At the time he had finalized the recipe I thought it was the finest blend I'd ever had. Since that time I've drifted towards milder blends but for those who like stout and complex blends, it's certainly one of the very best I have had.

Tommy Boy

Mar 28, 2020
Michigan
Im not a huge latakia fan but qn is a blend i enjoy. Its not a lat bomb it is smooth earthy and rich to me without that soap in the mouth taste that can come with latakia heavy blends. I have a open tin in a jar right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.