PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jruthledge

Might Stick Around
Feb 17, 2015
I'm planning to buy my first nice meer sometime soon. I know exactly what I want. A figural of a pirate with a skull in his hat and an inscrutable expression on his face - but that's about all I know. What do you guys who know more than me think about this pipe?:
http://www.meerschaummarket.com/pirate-hand-carved-genuine-block-meerschaum-pipe-in-a-fitted-leather-case-1189/#.VO9yE0Ig3nY
I've already sent a message to ask how the stem attaches (I want a push/pull tenon) and to see if they can send me some pics of the interior of the chamber. Can you think of anything else I need to know? Have any of you guys ordered from these folks before?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I don't know meerschaum pipes, so I can't reflect on that. I will say that for a carved portrait pipe this one

is much more artful than most, really nicely done. I'll let the meerschaum experts comment on the smoking

qualities suggested by the photo etc. If they like it, it is probably a good deal.

darwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 9, 2014
You'll have to let us know how it smokes. Their smooth bent apple catches my eye and it's reasonably priced as well.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
I got my first meer coming and can't wait. I did not oprder from them I went with the MeerschaumStore and they are in Turkey also. To me, if you like it, go for it. Life is short.

jruthledge

Might Stick Around
Feb 17, 2015
Bought.
After reading up on the seller (including here: http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/meerschaum-market-review), I think I'm going to be happy with my first nice meer. I'm excited. I'll let you know how it smokes.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Congratulations on your latest acquisition!
Pirate Hand Carved Genuine Block Meerschaum Pipe
It's one of those pipes that make you proud to be a pipe smoker.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I received a pipe from meerschaummarket.com for Christmas. It is a excellent smoker.

jruthledge

Might Stick Around
Feb 17, 2015
Got it, and love it. I didn't realize how big it was going to be. It seems almost like an actual size head. :lol: Photos below with standard pipe tool for scale. It's almost comically big. I filled it up and smoked it for about 2 1/2 hours yesterday. A little bit of gurgle now and then, but not much, and I was smoking a pretty moist aromatic from a fairly new tin. It's a little tricky to get a pipe cleaner all the way into it too, but for a large full bent pipe I think that's to be expected.
Over all, I'm very happy with it.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
They have beautiful pipes and yours is a prime example!
I may take the plunge on one of those!
Thanks for sharing.

jruthledge

Might Stick Around
Feb 17, 2015
I should also add that Burak seemed like a nice guy and was really easy to deal with. No reservations about recommending meerschaum market.

sudzbuddy6

Lurker
Mar 19, 2015
I just bought 3 from Meerschaum Market as well. Burak is very personable. Great selection. I will be going back...

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Man is that ever a great looking pipe and like you said....HUGE!! Enjoy. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.