PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

macaroni

Lifer
Oct 28, 2020
Texas
. . . all my 8oz cans will be used for screws . . . .
Wife and I washed about 35 8oz tins 2 or 3 x in the dishwasher--packed baggies at the holidays with her baked goods (ex.-about 9 sugar cookies :) in baggies and sent them to relatives (also used the smaller round tins from C&D for roasted coffee bean gifts after running them through the dishwasher a couple of times). I did have to air the tins and lids out in the sun to get them good and dry before refillilng. People said, how nice--where did you get those big gold cans??? LOL
laughing in Texas
mike

Reactions: SoddenJack

macaroni

Lifer
Oct 28, 2020
Texas
Posted before in another thread...
9mm shell casing, 3/8 dowel (with a touch of sanding) makes a nice tamper. I beveled the ends to about 30 degrees for a stirrer or poker... sand, stain, paint, burn to taste! ?View attachment 63770
Like the tamper! Thnx for including the info on the dowel--hadn't thought of that!

Is that a bed pan/honey pot underneath (dang bifocals! I can't tell :)
mike

redz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 2, 2021
Gaithersburg, MD
This jewelry pouch should do nicely as a tobacco pouch, plus it would probably help dry my tobacco out a bit, versus keeping it in the tin.
20210205_153650.jpg

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
An old Crockpot is amazing for cleaning up old metal items. Nuts, bolts, screws, door hinges, key lock plates, etc. We live in an old Victorian house, and try to keep things somewhat original, so this triclk is a life saver!

Reactions: SoddenJack and redz