New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Currently, I'm more of a gray collared professional. However, I spent about 20 years in the kitchen.

Mom said I'd never get paid to play with knives and fire. Proved her wrong. Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain provides a glimpse behind the industry scenes.

I'm a firm believer everyone should work in the restaurant industry for at least one year to provide a glimpse at humanity.

Also, cooking is one of two things that involve all 5 senses; the other doesn't involve pants.

WVOldFart

Lifer
Sep 1, 2021
Eastern panhandle, WV
I have had an interesting professional life. I have been a Park Ranger, a Boy Scout District Exec. and Camp Director, a State Veterans Cemetery Superintendent and a Veterans Certifying Official at our local college. 27 of my working years were spent in the help of veterans and their families. I will never regret one moment that I spent in the service of our veterans. Many a happy moment, joyous times and heartfelt tears have been shed with them. I am retired now and am enjoying the quiet moments of life.

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Since getting out of the service I've gone back and forth between driving trucks and teaching. Quite the difference I know.

Currently I'm teaching HS Economics & Political Science. My CDL is still valid, but I think I'm going to stay teaching permanently this time.
I saw a pic of you in an earlier post. I bet your students don't give you any shit.

jhowell

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 25, 2019
Phoenix, Arizona
I'm retired from many years of sales and management. General Manager of a Coca Cola Company to consultant, and then in to the furniture business. And on and on. Glad to have lived long enough to coast a while... ?
What did you do in the furniture business? I owned a retail store for 25 years, did some time as a roadrunner, worked liquidation sales...