Not open for further replies.

lelik

Lifer
Aug 21, 2019
Wys2Jz5l.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
One of these days, I'll get one of those five-pack samplers of cigars. I bet I haven't smoked a cigar in twelve or more years. The price difference between cigars and pipe tobacco is so extreme, I am usually just left shrugging at the cigar prices. Two good sticks would buy a tin of premium pipe tobacco that will give twenty or more smokes and would probably be much more enjoyable to me. But for old time sake, I may do a few cigars. I'd just have to forget that I was settling back to burn ten bucks and enjoy the ride.

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
One of these days, I'll get one of those five-pack samplers of cigars. I bet I haven't smoked a cigar in twelve or more years. The price difference between cigars and pipe tobacco is so extreme, I am usually just left shrugging at the cigar prices. Two good sticks would buy a tin of premium pipe tobacco that will give twenty or more smokes and would probably be much more enjoyable to me. But for old time sake, I may do a few cigars. I'd just have to forget that I was settling back to burn ten bucks and enjoy the ride.
I’ve been hitting the auction sites. You can find pretty good deals there.

La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor.
387AA4A0-DB38-4485-A177-99B4AF3D9032.jpeg

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Smoking Pipes sells singles so you can try different sticks. Cigar Page usually has good deals for 5 packs with shipping included in the price. Maybe see what people are raving about here and check the Top Of the Year lists from different publications to find some worth exploring if you do.

Now smoking a Joya de Nicaragua Antano 1970 Alisado. I don't know if my palate has changed or it's specific to this viola which is new to me, but I get kind of an acidic tartness I don't recall from this line. Not necessarily good or bad just different than my memories.

20201025_211715.jpg

skeeter456

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2017
Plattsburgh NY
Did those get any better for you? I have always been curious about them as I guess they were EPC's first non La Gloria Cubana brand and had a reputation for being bell-ringers in terms of strength (that was a long time ago).

they are good, but nothing to write home about. As for strength,I personally dont think so.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Another Alec Bradley Project 40 toro. I’m really liking these for a medium bodied cigar.
View attachment 48517
I was really impressed with the one I had, too. Such wonderful and rich flavors for a medium body/strength. Need to try more and it's priced so well I could take a chance on a box and not feel burned if it isn't as good as I remember. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.