PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
You missed a bunch of guys kick into hardcore cellaring mode for a blend they'd never tasted, all because C&D put "Small Batch" on the label.
In other words, you missed pretty much nothing.

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Well I, for one, am excited about Sun Bear. It’s currently hibernating in a filing cabinet for a while, but aquadoc if I find it not to my liking I will certainly let you know!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
You missed a bunch of guys kick into hardcore cellaring mode for a blend they'd never tasted, all because C&D put "Small Batch" on the label.
Don't worry, there's plenty of time to get bamboozled.
Goodness what a sunny disposition! :clap:

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I have smoked multiple bowls. You missed a very flavorful VaOr that has excellent potential for aging. Still has some rough edges but flavors are great, best rubbed out and smoked very slow. Payless Cigars still had some earlier today.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Goodness what a sunny disposition!
Haha, I was thinking the same thing! Wonder what he had to say about Carolina Red? Lots of people seem to have been shamboozled into sitting on a bunch of tins of that they could now sell for 3x the price. SUCKERS!!!!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
sitting on a bunch of tins of that they could now sell for 3x the price
Or more. :twisted:
20190423_014218.jpg

smokeyweb

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 29, 2013
Well damn... was holding out but caved and picked up a quick 6 from Payless for the cellar.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I grabbed 30 tins of the Carolina Red Flake last year. Got 10 tins of the Virginia Oriental sold exclusively at the Chicago Show this year. Wish I'd have bought 50. I'd rather make a $200 or $300 mistake once or twice versus miss out on some great tobacco.

Reactions: DIYpiper and ram74

pavingmantis

Lurker
Aug 12, 2019
Hoosierpipeguy, thank you. I smoked it last Thursday and really dug it, and it was sold out on Friday. Grabbed a couple more to tide me over. Thanks for sharing.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
The cotton/linen blend is best cube cut... :lol:
Duane, what are the tins just right of the blue ones in your photo?
jay-roger.jpg

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Money doesn't taste like McClelland tobacco when you smoke it.
This is true, smoking money does not taste like McClelland tobacco. But for those of us who got here too late, smoking McClelland tobacco sure does taste like money :(
Managed to find a little at a reasonable price a while ago though. A few tins each of 40th anny and xmas cheer, a couple yenidje highlanders, a balkan blue, a butera matured ribbon, a few of the frogs and a few tins of nording stuff. But now, the prices have just gotten too crazy, so my stash is likely finite. Me being a once a week smoker though, that should get me through several years easy.
Still holding out that someday I'll find some of the darker VAs or on the town somewhere, maybe in a trade, but we'll see. I've accepted my fate of having to suffer the slings and arrows of only having the other 10 billion good blends in the world available for $10 a tin :)

Reactions: ram74
Status
Not open for further replies.