weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Earlier today...
nfMkMnc.jpg

Frasermac

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 30, 2020
Do you always stop smoking when the ash hits the band, or do you peel it off and keep on puffing? Hobo style.
Will usually smoke to the nub (you can buy those daft skewers but a No8 wood screw is perfect and cheap ?).
It always amuses me when you see pictures of the poseurs on Instagram and the like, merrily puffing away THROUGH the band?
Obviously like the smoky flavour of paper, ink and glue!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Thank you, gents. Now I can remove the bands in good conscience. I may even find an appropriate wood screw. The little Punch cigar I had New Years Day, the band wouldn't slide off, so I had to take it off in bits, but I'd rather keep them as trophies, at least for a while. Scotch tape them to my calendar. With the foil and fancy printing, I hate to throw them out.

Frasermac

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 30, 2020
Thank you, gents. Now I can remove the bands in good conscience. I may even find an appropriate wood screw. The little Punch cigar I had New Years Day, the band wouldn't slide off, so I had to take it off in bits, but I'd rather keep them as trophies, at least for a while. Scotch tape them to my calendar. With the foil and fancy printing, I hate to throw them out.
What is it with collecting bands??
We’re like trophy hunters ?
I must have hundreds of them!!!!
If you weren’t already, wait until you’re close to the band before attempting to remove it. The heat will usually do a nice job of softening the glue (tragedy is when they’ve gone and glued the band to the bloody wrapper ?, fortunately rare but it happens).

Ag®o

Lifer
Nov 14, 2021
Italy
What is it with collecting bands??
We’re like trophy hunters ?
I must have hundreds of them!!!!
If you weren’t already, wait until you’re close to the band before attempting to remove it. The heat will usually do a nice job of softening the glue (tragedy is when they’ve gone and glued the band to the bloody wrapper ?, fortunately rare but it happens).
To be patient, there are many ideas with patchwork :)
7204755-HSC00001-7.jpg
967340267337f564f4347420cb4bc14b.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.