lelik

Lifer
Aug 21, 2019
Arturo Fuente Chateau Sun Grown robusto
qAqmjANl.jpg

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
If I smoked again I think I'd smoke Robustos and Rothschilds 95% of the time. The 6 X 52s were too much of a good thing. An hour's smoke is a just right good thing.

And although I'd want to give Cubans a serious whirl, I'd rebel at the cost. They might be worth every nickel and dime, but I couldn't bear the thought that other locales offered a product as good or better for less.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
If I smoked again I think I'd smoke Robustos and Rothschilds 95% of the time. The 6 X 52s were too much of a good thing. An hour's smoke is a just right good thing.

And although I'd want to give Cubans a serious whirl, I'd rebel at the cost. They might be worth every nickel and dime, but I couldn't bear the thought that other locales offered a product as good or better for less.
Havanas have the best flavor to me, bar none. Their cost depends on where they are being purchased from.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Very few people who don't smoke cigars regularly realize that Connecticut grows a major crop of cigar leaf, don't connect it with the tobacco belt at all.
I personally find U.S. Connecticut Shade-Grown wrappers to be a bit bitter and mild for my tastes, but I enjoy a good broadleaf maduro from time to time, or a cigar that uses broadleaf as a binder or filler leaf. Cuban-seed varietals grown in CT have also gotten more popular, and Cigar Aficionado's #1 cigar of 2020 (for what it's worth), the EPC Pledge, featured a CT Habano wrapper. Pretty cool, I think.

No picture, but I smoked an Aging Room Solera Corojo from a friend earlier this afternoon.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
View attachment 67982

Working through my Atlantic sampler. This was very meh, to no ones surprise I’m sure.
I've come full circle and have begun to really enjoy their Cafe line. I had the good fortune recently to have one that was about 20 years old and it had aged magnificently. It reminded me of a Fuente Angel's Share a lot, especially with the unique creamy lemon note.

Status
Not open for further replies.