PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
This to our buddy Odob I really like your pictures, my place was an old dairy, my Grandfather bought it in the 1900s, he was a farmer, trapper, whatever as times were hard. Please don’t think we are funning you, it takes a special person to make a livelihood out of the good old earth. T-Brad as I am known down here.

601 Blue Label Maduro. One of my most favorite times to smoke a cigar is weekend afternoon, after a heavy lunch. The smoke becomes sublime if the cigar is loaded with Vitamin N. 601 Blue Label Maduro is one of the strongest cigars I have ever smoked, and one of my favorites. This one may well be the last from a box I bought about an year ago. Delicious!
6B8A889C-9FDC-49E6-9CF8-82E923C4BF06.jpeg

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
601 Blue Label Maduro. One of my most favorite times to smoke a cigar is weekend afternoon, after a heavy lunch. The smoke becomes sublime if the cigar is loaded with Vitamin N. 601 Blue Label Maduro is one of the strongest cigars I have ever smoked, and one of my favorites. This one may well be the last from a box I bought about an year ago. Delicious!
View attachment 60432
Have not had a 601 in years and years. I used to smoke the heck out of the blue, red and especially the green. I wonder if they're still the same blend - they were made by EO (Espinosa/Ortega) back then, who have since parted ways.

Have not had a 601 in years and years. I used to smoke the heck out of the blue, red and especially the green. I wonder if they're still the same blend - they were made by EO (Espinosa/Ortega) back then, who have since parted ways.
Now they are made by Espinosa (At least that’s what the label says. I like the blue and the green - the red not so much, but possibly need to retry

kwg116

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 21, 2017
Those original 601 Greens were outstanding and were originally made by Don Pepin Garcia of My Father cigars. I smoked boxes of those back in the day. Once MF stopped making them Rocky Patel took over and the blend changed. I wish I saved a few.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Those original 601 Greens were outstanding and were originally made by Don Pepin Garcia of My Father cigars. I smoked boxes of those back in the day. Once MF stopped making them Rocky Patel took over and the blend changed. I wish I saved a few.
They're made by AJ Fernandez for Espinosa now. I haven't had the Green or Blue in several years, but the Red is still quite good, IMO. My memory of the DPG-made version isn't strong enough to make a fair comparison, though at one point I smoked a lot of them and they were one of my favorites. I also enjoy a lot of the Espinosa cigars he makes at his own factory under the Espinosa and Pier 28 brands.

Now smoking an AB Project 40 Toro.

20210116_210801.jpg

Paul lec

Lifer
May 28, 2020
View attachment 60432
Had my first one of those the other day. Very nice,won’t be my last?

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
cult-classic-toro-6x50-5-pack_ae1f2b9e-8824-4bc9-baeb-590bdf8f6ed5_1024x1024.jpg
Box press with a scotch after ham and cheese omelets...

Status
Not open for further replies.