PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 14, 2013
If you got Joe Manganiello or Steven Moyer from "True Blood" to smoke a pipe you'd probably drive up sales pretty significantly. I think the way to kill sales is to have the women from "The View" or Hoda and Kathy Lee advocate it.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Barbara Walters and a pipe wouldn't be a good match. Bob Costa, not so much. Wolf Blitzer, no. Ben Berneke, maybe.

Paul Volker, A-OK. Coke Roberts, with a cob, it could work. Dr. Phil, probably not. Merle Haggard, perfect.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
+1 winton.
I'd have to say that Kevin Costner as Devil Anse, and Robert Downey Jr. Have already done quite a bit for the piping community, as did the whole LOTR cast! If some of these guys actually did take it up, outside of acting, it would definitely boost piping and our cause!

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Denis Leary, if you could get him to smoke a pipe and turn into a gentleman (dress nice, groom, speak like one), I guarantee you the entire world will talk about it.
In the meantime, I will show you a skit he did on his opinions of how low the coffee industry has sunken. When I ask for black coffee with nothing in it and get people looking at me like I have two heads (you mean people drink it that way?) I can definitely relate to his sentiment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f_dxLiuXuw

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
When I ask for black coffee with nothing in it and get people looking at me like I have two heads (you mean people drink it that way?)
So true anymore Eric.

~Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.