What Brand/Artisan is Most Represented in Your Collection?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
I have a couple of dozen MM cobs and a half dozen artisan cobs by R. Santia. I love the cobs but have a lifetime supply. I'll not buy others with the exceptions of some antique or hand crafted specials that catch my eye.
I have over a half dozen Savinelli and Stanwell pipes - maybe close to a dozen each. They all smoke great, I like the shapes and can be had for reasonable sums. I have enough of these and will only add shapes that whisper come hither to me.
I currently have 5 Neerup/Peder Jeppesens and will likely add more eventually. I love the shapes, finish and uniqueness of these pipes and they smoke really well.
I have a single GBD, W.O. Larsen, Nording, Sasienii's, Comoy, Icarus and others. I will not actively seek to add additional of any of these excepting perhaps the Icarus and Neptune.
I also have a couple of meershaums including a CAO. I don't know if I will add others or not. If I do, it will be high end. I'm not really happy with the draw on the meers nor the stem assembly. They are, however, beautiful.
Pax

owen

Part of the Furniture Now
May 28, 2014
Bewlay make up about 10% of my pipes and about 75% of my rotation.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
6 Meers, 5 Savinellis, 4 Missouri Meerschams, 4 Mr. Brogs and an assortment of briars rescued from flea markets, junk/antique/collectibles shops

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Peterson is the factory pipe that rules my cabinet. I got hooked on Peterson because my family ancestry is mostly Irish and German. The first I bought, an Aran B5, was a great pipe, so I kept with the brand. Haven't ran into any QC problems as some have mentioned over the years.
As for artisans I only have three, two Don Warren's and one Dr. Bob. Love all of them.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
@pruss
Looking to divest - Remaining Trypis pipes

- no longer a fan?
Don't get me wrong.
They are good pipes. Especially for the price. Drilled straight. Good Greek briar. Vulcanite stems. Good mortise tenon fitment. If you want to build a rotation for $30 - $60 per pipe, you can't go wrong. I just want a little bit more in my pipes and am willing to pay more to get it.
I'd buy a NOS Trypis or an estate Trypis before most of the $100 or less factory pipes being sold right now.
But I'm not in the market for those either.
-- Pat

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
I have more Peterson's than any other brand followed closely by Brigham's. :puffy:

ocpsdan

Can't Leave
May 7, 2012
Michigan
I've been trying to focus my collection more on North American carvers, so the Ser Jacopos, Castellos, and miscellaneous other pipes have found their way to other happy smokers.
In my collection right now, the artisan most represented is Russ Cook of which I have three of his pipes. Not only is he a really great person, but for the price he's charging I think his pipes have a lot of value.
But I also have a pipe from Wayne Teipen, 2 from Ryan Alden, one from David Huber, one from RobE Bartholomew, one from Joe Hinkle, and a few meers that I just can't let go.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Well, I really miscounted the Barlings. I've barely bought any since last year and when I did the count I had 62 Family Era Barlings - ranging in age from 1882 thru 1962 - and 10 Corporate Era Barlings. Still have the 16 Dunhills, of which I recently smoked 3. Otherwise, it's pretty much the same with a few additions. The most significant additions are 2 Ezequiel Herreria, 3 Scottie Piersel, and a Rad Davis.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
At the beginning I had only Dunhills. I traded most of them away for the high end European carvers like S Bang and Rasmussen. Lately I've found myself back in the Dunhill camp... something about them has me hooked. I'm EAGERLY awaiting my first Parks commission and ordered a second today. I see at least one parks commission per year for the foreseeable future.

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
My rack has more Savinellis than anything else. Which is odd, because I'm falling quickly for simple, traditional English shapes.

tarheel1

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2014
Right now I have two Ferndown and one Northern Briars. Have another Northern Briars , Askwith, and ashton in the works. I hope to get a bark and REO Ferndown bent bulldog with tapered stem then I will give away my REO with a saddle stem.that would give my 7 day set.

Status
Not open for further replies.