Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2018
England
Malice in Wonderland: The Inside Story of the Police Investigation of the Laurel Canyon Murders.

Just finished and worth a look if the case interests you in particular or you enjoy true crime in general or are perhaps a John Holmes fan ;)
Chris

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Artemis, Andy Weir. His next book after "The Martian". This is a crime-drama set on the moon. Pretty good so far!
Next up is the final installment in the crime trilogy by Don Winslow (one of my favorite authors). "The Power of the Dog" and "The Cartel", first two were excellent.
220px-Artemis-Andy_Weir_%282017%29.jpg

y648.jpg

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
I just finished “ hard way out” it was written by a former hells angel member turned informant. Decent read but it felt rushed. Not sure what’s up next.

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
I didn't know they'd translated "Medinsky". Wow.
For fun and/or to put myself to sleep: Akunin's Fandorin series (great historical detective/adventure stuff, not sure if it's been translated); for some reason, simultaneously re-reading Evelyn Waugh (_Decline and Fall_ has a great pipe-smoking character). Also still wading through the second volume of Kaplan's Sinatra biography - still interesting, but it gets pretty hard to care after the first "retirement".
For work: ...Yawn... Tolstoy mostly, plus mss.

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
Yesterday I finished “ all quiet on the western front “

Very good read. Next up is guns of August

pipehunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2016
^ I really enjoyed the Hyperion Cantos many years ago and have been thinking about rereading them. I haven't gotten into his other work as much but haven't tried Terror yet.
Finally gotten around to reading The Black Company books (of the first seven or eight to them at least) and have been enjoying them greatly.

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
I just started The Brothers Karamazov, as well as reading/listening to PG Wodehouse. I also just got about five books on historic London, Scottish and English Country Pubs. There are open books allover my house.

techie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2018
I just started How Linux Works by Brian Ward. Fascinating look into the inner workings of the OS.

archerdarkpint

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 23, 2010
"Blue Horizon" by Wilbur Smith and the Operator's Manual for a Gas Chromatograph / Mass Spectrometer.

Status
Not open for further replies.