What blend would make your cellar complete?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiplainsdrifter

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 8, 2012
For those who have a cellar, but aren't really buying much right now, what blends do you feel would complete your cellar? For myself, I feel like I have plenty of good tobacco to last me the rest of my life, but there is always one more out there I want. Here is my current most wanted list:
Motzek Strang

Germain Brown Flake

Gawith Best Brown (waiting for the bulk to come back in stock)

aristokles

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2011
I would name my wish. It's starts with a "P", but I don't want to rile anyone up. :wink:

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I would like a time machine to figure what people were smoking in 1792, 1840, 1910 and 1954.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I thought I was good till I just tasted the Motzek Strang. Now I'll be needing 20lbs of the stuff. It's seriously amazing, best I've ever had.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
My cellar is pretty full as it is and I don't think I will smoke through it all in my lifetime but if I needed to add more it would be more Penzance, 3 Oaks Syrian, Yenidje Highlander and FMC. 3 to 4 pounds of each would be nice.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
10lbs each of the following:
HU Director's Cut

HU Flannagan

GLPs Haddo's Delight

Motzek Curly Strang
so... not much.
-- Pat

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Never tried Motzek Strang and probably never will. Last thing I need is to have to start trying to get tobacco from Europe.

aggravatedfarmer

Sep 9, 2015
I would try Strang if the opportunity arose, but I will not chase it.
OGS. Escudo. FVF. Frog Morton series. Penzance. Balkan Supreme. XXX blend. R-Blend. Baby's Bottom.
I have others I haven't tried in there and also on the way. So you never know when the "I need more for my cellar" bug bites.

davidintexas

Jun 4, 2013
Although I have quite a few blends in my cellar, I have not nearly tried them all and have not as of yet come across one that registered with my brain as a Top 5 choice that I needed to cellar deeply. But since I only smoke a bowl once or twice a week currently, and only been at it 2 1/2 years, it could be a long time to decide this. I like most of what I've tried, but none so far are one of those aha blends. But, I keep adding and keep trying, slowly but surely. Like someone mentioned, don't know if I'll spring to get the Strang or any of the HU blends anytime soon, but they and some others are on the radar, like the STC blends coming out soon. Just wish I was 30 rather than closer to 58. There's just not enough time......

Mar 1, 2014
A full block of plug of every variety straight off the press from Samuel Gawith and Gawith Hoggarth.
(theoretically GQ tobacco can order those...)

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Black Frigate, Sixpence, Bothy Flake, and Black XX Twist are now my favorite tobaccos, and am working on hoarding as many of each as possible.

oldreddog

Sep 4, 2014
If I had a cellar and if I could stop trying tobacco, sampling, jarring it,forgetting it,rembering it,thinking oh yeah like that must get more,then reading other fellahs recommendations on here....

:::::wanders away muttering about three oaks,Smyrna and the like:::::

Oh right yes,Condor plug,the clock is ticking on that...

Status
Not open for further replies.