What Blend Have You Discovered This Year?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

23 Fresh Bruno Nuttens Pipes
12 Fresh Mark Tinsky Pipes
36 Fresh Tsuge Pipes
36 Fresh Nørding Pipes
2 Fresh Former Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
McClelland's 40th Anniversary. Even freshly tinned, it has to be the best straight Virginia that I have ever smoked and I've smoked a lot of good ones over the years.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Oh Pipestud, do you even know what kind of mass hysteria will result from you giving that blend such an endorsement? People will be knocking old ladies over to get a tin of the stuff. Lol.
Btw, I’ve been perdy darn impressed with it myself.

piffyr

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2015
HU Director's Cut, McClelland 40th Anniversary, and Condor Plug. Each of them a standout in their respective fields.

badger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 2, 2016
Gawith and Hogarth's Bosun Cut Plug--excellent mild lakeland flake.

skydog

Jun 27, 2017
I discovered Anniversary Kake, which is now my favorite blend.
I had the same revelation this year. Haven't been able to put the stuff down since I first tried a sample. Also, 40th anniversary. As a huge Blackwoods Flake and McClelland No. 27 fan I thought the 40th Anniversary may become a favorite but I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it still. Great stuff!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Exotic Orange and Rich Dark Honeydew were two I found this year as well, and have them heavily cellared.

Jan 8, 2013
Exotic Orange and Rich Dark Honeydew were two I found this year as well, and have them heavily cellared.
I was going to mention Exotic Orange myself... but then I remembered I can never find it. :rofl:

archerdarkpint

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 23, 2010
John Aylesbury "Sir John's Flake Virginia". Purchased one tin, tried it and 1/2 way through the first bowl, ordered a dozen more. Tasty stuff.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
All the chatter on the forum about codger blends this year finally got to me...I tried PA for the first time after over a decade of pipe smoking. And to my surprise I really enjoy it...very tasty stuff.

btwes7

Lifer
Jul 3, 2017
Pennsylvania
Mac Baren HH Old Dark Fired has been an enjoyable blend I've recently discovered. Well aged Esoterica And So To Bed has been nice too. Although not exactly a blend, Semois is one I've also been enjoying.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
This has been a year of new tobacco for me. The highpoints being: Klondike Gold, Dark Star, PS Twisted Flake, Old Gowrie, No 24, Blackwoods; Christmas Spice, Exotic Orange, Trout Stream; Larry's Blend, Billy Budd, and Ambassador.

noquarter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 18, 2015
Peterson Irish flake + five brothers parfait. A pinch of Mcclellands perique to some old reliables(C&D burley blends)was also a great discovery. Also been enjoying Sutliff's Holiday and Mixture 79 on cobs.

mackeson

Mar 29, 2016
You folks that are digging St. Bruno and/or traditionally scented British baccy
I definitely need to give St. Bruno a try, I liked Warrior plug a lot and wish I had tried McQuaid when available

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
Stonehenge... Simply wow from the first bowl!

Astleys #44... Purchased this several years back and wasn't impressed so I jarred it and stashed it away, it's amazing what changes can take place given a little time.

McClelland 2015... As a long time fan of 5100, 2015 was a blend I always wanted to try, well I finally did and now I wonder what took me so long. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.