PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
A month or two ago we ordered a new cedar shed for our backyard. I was thinking it would come preassembled, where I just had to nail the walls to the floor and roof to the walls. Turns out that isn't the case. So I've got about 1000 pieces of lumber to assemble now, and some instructions to go with it. The idea is to have it all finished before schools get shut down again and I have to wear my teacher hat.

Wish me luck!

P_20200819_135807.jpg

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I needed shed in a hurry, so I bought it whole and it came on a flatbed trailer, and the driver maneuvered up the steep driveway, under phone wires, and around multiple trees in the backyard, like a pinball darting around, and finally eased it into place on concrete blocks. I think these are built by the Amish community somewhere. Your stack of parts reminds me of the old Sears Roebuck houses that came in a million pieces and were assembled by the owner or his contractors on site. Both in design and durability, those have become classics and highly desired, though I think they stopped selling them after WWII. Good luck, and commendations for your ambition.

Mar 11, 2020
Southern Illinois
I needed shed in a hurry, so I bought it whole and it came on a flatbed trailer, and the driver maneuvered up the steep driveway, under phone wires, and around multiple trees in the backyard, like a pinball darting around, and finally eased it into place on concrete blocks. I think these are built by the Amish community somewhere. Your stack of parts reminds me of the old Sears Roebuck houses that came in a million pieces and were assembled by the owner or his contractors on site. Both in design and durability, those have become classics and highly desired, though I think they stopped selling them after WWII. Good luck, and commendations for your ambition.
Around here the Mennonites and Amish build them

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016

Yikes! I don't feel so bad about my building skills now!

At least it's precut ? also looks like a great excuse to get ourself one of these:

That would be a godsend! A house down the street is getting some work done, and I can hear the 'psst psst psst' of the nailgun as I am using a hammer like a caveman.

Status
Not open for further replies.