What Blend Do You Think Everyone Should Try But That You Will Never Smoke Again?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

F4RM3R

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 28, 2019
Canada
St Bruno
Condor
Irish flake

This is easy for me as I smoke mostly whole leaf and do my own processing and blending. I enjoyed these blends and can see how they can we a widely appreciated easy going smoke, but I would rather try many other offerings if I was in a position to buy some tins or pouches(next time I travel outside of the outrageous prices of canada) But I enjoy blending, processing and experimenting myself, so I'll stick with that.

Reactions: aquadoc

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
I think every American pipe smoker should at least try Prince Albert and Sir Walter Raleigh. I smoked through several pouches when I first got started and really enjoyed them, especially SWR. Since branching out into the wide world of English, German, and Danish produced blends I don't think I'll be buying anymore American OTCs any time soon, but if they were all I could get I'd be alright with it.

subsalac

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 9, 2018
Anything with Latakia. I appear to permanently be on a Latakia free diet from now onwards, but there was certainly a time where I valued English and Balkan blends as my main smokes.

Jwebb90

Lifer
Feb 17, 2020
Ruse, Bulgaria
I have to say Carter Hall. I was not upset by the pouch I smoked but did not run out to get more. It is an American classic and an easy blend to recommend for someone getting started.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Pirate Kake. Not that it's bad or anything. Enjoyed smoking it, but now it's not very special or distinct. Just heavy latakia. But if you want to find out what latakia is about, it will definitely let you know. If you want latakia, but as a part of a whole package, try Artisan's Blend.

ram74

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2013
There are lots of blends I have tried that while they are good I just don’t enjoy them anymore. But it does not mean others would not enjoy them and they should be tried by new pipe smokers. GLP English blends for example should be tried by those who want to explore Latakia blends. They are good starter blends but I don't smoke them anymore because I have other Latakia blends I enjoy far more so now I just find them mediocre. I recommend new smokers try as many blends as they can so they learn what they like. But everyone is different and some smokers just like to smoke a limited rotation of blends and that is ok too.

Status
Not open for further replies.