PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If you have more than a dozen pipes, you might enjoy having at least one or two really large and really small pipes, which both prove useful once you get in the habit of smoking them. Small pipes can give long smokes with flake/coin/plug/rope cuts, and extra large pipes can give extra long smokes or many short smokes intermittently.

Reactions: keith929

Scottishgaucho

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2020
Buenos Aires Province.
This is easy for me to answer it's my Barbic 182....by far my biggest pipe.
I tend to prefer pipes with small bowls however when I saw this for sale at a very reasonable price on an Argentine selling site I had to buy it. I had no idea how big it was anyway. Despite it being a great pipe to smoke it's rarely my first, second or even third choice choice of pipe to smoke and I don't have a lot of pipes. Would never part with it though.

WP-20190503-017.jpg

Kottan

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 5, 2020
Frankfurt am Main, Germany
My biggest one is a Charatan Executive Extra Large. 1" x 2" chamber. It's an amazing pipe, but I hardly ever reach for it. I'm more of a small-medium pipe guy.View attachment 47484
Hi trubka,
was the goldband mounted because of a hairline crack in the shank or for cosmetic purpose?

Btw. My largest pipe (bowl) is also a Charatan. (I just work on it)
Charatan Special Extra Large Made By Hand.jpeg

Reactions: sandollars
Here are my Big Lads.

For perspective, I have included a Savinelli 320KS in every picture. If you don't know what a Sav 320KS looks like, please crawl out from under that rock.

From smallest to largest:

Don Carlos Fiammata 2 note
IMG_4901.jpg

Castello Sea Rock "G" size Dublin
IMG_4902.jpg

Peterson Rusticated House Pipe
IMG_4899.jpg

Amorelli Penna di San Michele "Fancy Flock"
IMG_4898.jpg

Fikri Baki Gourd Calabash with a Meerschaum bowl
IMG_4900.jpg

And last but certainly not least is this HUGE Billiard (?) from the late, great Bruce Weaver.
IMG_4903.jpg

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Though I have owned larger pipes in the past, they are all gone now. I have become very particular about the dimensions of the pipes I smoke. My pipes are all between 5 1/2 & 5 3/4" long, 1 1/2" -1 3/4" tall, with and inner chamber diameter around 0.75". The largest I would consider would be 6" x 2", but it would have to be a pretty special pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.