What Are Your Favorite Virginia / Burley Blends?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically dark fired is burley
Actually, it has it's own classification. We had a tobacco farmer, jitterbug, that would always argue this... I guess I could pick up his torch and carry forward with it, but I just don't want to put forth the effort, ha ha.
But, it is closer to a Virginia (flu cured) variety.

RonB

Can't Leave
Jan 17, 2021
Southeast Pennsylvania
HU Dockworker, MB Golden Extra, Old Dark Fired, Bold Kentucky and Brunello Flake to name a few. Solani 660 Silver Flake is great but I think has some DFK in it.

You and CosmicFolklore both mentioned MB Golden Extra. I'll have to give that a try.

But don't Old Dark Fired and Bold Kentucky also have a large proportion of Dark Fired Kentucky too?

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
My favorite Virginia/Burley/Kentucky are the following. All of these are in my cellar and I am only listing the ones that are readily available. I am not listing the hard to finds like Esoterica Stonehaven.
Solani 660 Silver Flake....needs to be jarred right away it does not come vacuum sealed.
Mac Baren Old Dark Fired
Peterson Irish Flake
Peterson University Flake
Peterson Perfect Plug
Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky
GL Pease Navigator...needs a good 6 years before the Kentucky smooths out.

Reactions: JOHN72 and RonB

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
I have to second (third?) Pegasus. I typically do not like C&D blends; I can count the ones I enjoy on one hand. Pegasus, however, is a clear winner and I have not found anything currently available that is exactly like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.