What are You Wearing as a Halloween Costume This Year?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
What are you are wearing for a halloween costume this year not that I agree with the demonic undertones - I prefer to think of it terms of the ancient Roman celebration.

My eldest makes me buy elaborate costumes and he wears them only once. Now that he is my size, I will repurpose his last years costume as mine.

Last year he was George Washington, so this year I will be George or Ben Franklin or whatever I look like after I wear the period costume.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
demonic undertones
Never really was. It was and is a harvest festival where offerings were made to appease spirits and frightening costumes were worn for fear of being carried away by those spirits. A bit long in the tooth for costumed revelry myself.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
That particular sweater had stains long before the baby, hahaha. Homestead maintenance, brewing, cooking, etc. She has definitely added her share though.??
A leather hat I've had for twenty years has seen that kind of life. Thankfully it's waterproof.

ormazd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 12, 2018
Virginia, USA
We always sit in the driveway with a fire pit. Neighbors come over and hang out while we watch for a handful of trick or treaters.

I'm going as a cranky, old, pipe smoking geezer.

Reactions: philobeddoe

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Maybe my derby and one of my bowties, nothing too elaborate, just to show 'treaters I'm in the spirit.

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
I wasn’t going to dress up, but I recently acquired a couple coworkers from Italy who are extremely excited to experience Halloween in America. I happened to be in a hardware store yesterday when I realized I could make a crackerjack construction worker costume out of about $10 worth of hard hats and work gloves.

Status
Not open for further replies.