PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
On Netflix, there is a Japanese reality show called "Terrace House". Just finished binge watching the whole thing. 4 seasons before being cancelled due to one of the participants commiting suicide due to online bullying. But it will let you remember how sweet it was to be young.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
My 8 yo grandson started playing street hockey with his neighborhood friends. Last night we watched The Mighty Ducks (1992). This was his first viewing and he loved it. I'll rate the Mighty Ducks 2/5 for the movie and I'll rate the time spent watching it with him a 5/5.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I tried to watch the Beatles documentary, "Get Back" again. It's awful, I think there was a reason this was never released. They should have watched the Stones documentary before finishing this one, it needs some major editing. (2/5)

Reactions: jpmcwjr

evansbolt

Lurker
Sep 19, 2022
New York
I am watching The Rings of Power which is a prequel to The Lord of the Rings. You can also watch it on Amazon Prime Video. But if you do not have a paid plan then watch it for free on the Cinema HD application. I will rate it 4 out of 5 (Of all episodes I have seen till now).

Reactions: jpmcwjr

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
If you are a bit morbid and not afraid of foul language and imagery the new Netflix Jeffery Dahmner series is 5/5 creep factor , , period accurate world design , good acting, realistic dialogue

Reactions: smudgersmissingleg
Trying to watch the Patient with Steve Carrell on Hulu, but 30 minutes a week, just to show us 5 minutes of new material is exhausting. I think that Steve is doing some great acting, and the writing is really good, but it's just that the editing gives you nothing each week, but baby steps into the story. 2/5, not really worth the wait each week.
1663874906516.png

Reactions: ron123

Sam Gamgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 24, 2022
DFW, Texas
I've also been watching the new RINGS OF POWER series from Amazon. Visually, it's pretty impressive: but I have to say the content has been, well, a tad boring to me, and absolutely none of the characters have made a lasting impression. I've watched three episodes and still really don't know what's going on. As a long-time lover of all-things Tolkien-related, I might stay with it out of genuine curiosity, but a part of me wants to abandon it. The whole thing, story- and character-wise, seems a bit flat and one-dimensional. I do want to see how they will handle the forging of the rings, and I will likely stay with it at least long enough for that.

In other viewing, I really enjoy the FATHER BROWN series on the BBC, and THIS FARMING LIFE on the same network. TFL is a show about farmers in Scotland (and Northern Ireland sometimes). It's a fascinating peek into a very different part of the world and way of life for me. I highly recommend it.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
My neighbour put me on to this and I'm so glad he did.

'Darkest Hour' is a 2017 film about Churchill's early years as PM just as WWII was getting underway.

Excellent performances by all concerned, Gary Oldman as Churchill, the late great Ronald Pickup as Chamberlain....all top notch so a well deserved 4/5 from this viewer.

Several snippets made me laugh such as when Churchill was in front of the King for the first time after becoming Prime Minister.

King: You know we have to meet every week?

Churchill: Yes Sir, I do know that.

King: Shall we say every Monday at 4PM?

Churchill: But I nap at 4PM.

King: (somewhat flabbergasted by that answer) Is not normal?

Churchill: No sir, but it is essential.

darkest hour.jpg

Regards,

Jay.

Kobra Kai... my wife keeps begging me to "stop! It's horrible... just stop!!" but I am so invested at this point. I have to know whether Daniel and Johnny can beat Silver's protégé. Will Kreese get out of prison? What will happen then? The state of the All Valley Tournament hangs in the balance... Ha ha, at this point, I think I am just watching it in hopes that something gets better, ha ha. Plus, they do have some ok fight scenes, and some cool music from time to time.
I give it a 2/5, just because...
1664294882041.png

Status
Not open for further replies.