PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Ah, ok and thanks! Only interested if legal.

As you know, but not everyone does, posting info on anything illegal is not OK on the forum.

ChonkyTonks

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2022
Philly
Ah, ok and thanks! Only interested if legal.

As you know, but not everyone does, posting info on anything illegal is not OK on the forum.
And that would go for PMs, too, yes? I just want to make sure that I am abiding by the rules of the forum. I like it here and don't want to get banned.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Noticed "Banshee" is available this morning, so watching a couple episodes. Watched it when it first was on years ago. Pure escapist entertainment - ex-con assumes identity of dead law enforcement guy, inserts himself into town where his ex-girlfriend partner in crime lives, violence, crazy plot twists, good character actors, humor, "romantic" encounters galore. For the genre, 4/5 *

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
I can recommend Errol Flynn's autobiography. It's probably at least half made up but altogether one hell of a fun ride and read.
Steve’s was quite factual, everything from living off of coke to renting hotel rooms and “casting couch” wanna be starlets with fake movie offers from fake movies. He was a gang member in his youth, car thief, was a get a way driver for some bank robbers and a pimp and just his youth 😂

He was also a pain in the ass to work with and so cheap if they wanted him to wear his personal Rolex on screen he charged $250 a day 😂

One infamous story was when James Garner got the roll for the LeMans movie, McQueen who happened to have the apt above his, would pee off his balcony onto Garners back porch every morning. Haha

Just finished Pam and Tommy, and was surprised that there were several pipe smoking characters, including Heffner.
It’s definitely not for everyone, but it is definitely memory lane for technology.
I was oblivious to the whole sex tape thing back then, but interesting, and I definitely don’t feel sorry for anyone involved. But a good time killer. 4/5 Hulu
10C7F832-BAC2-4BAB-B97F-58EB604442F5.jpeg

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
Steve’s was quite factual, everything from living off of coke to renting hotel rooms and “casting couch” wanna be starlets with fake movie offers from fake movies. He was a gang member in his youth, car thief, was a get a way driver for some bank robbers and a pimp and just his youth 😂

He was also a pain in the ass to work with and so cheap if they wanted him to wear his personal Rolex on screen he charged $250 a day 😂

One infamous story was when James Garner got the roll for the LeMans movie, McQueen who happened to have the apt above his, would pee off his balcony onto Garners back porch every morning. Haha
Honestly I've never heard or read much about him, although I always enjoyed his work in front of the cameras.
But yeah, most of those Hollywood stars are weird, messed up and odd in every kind of way.
Marlon Brando, Jack Nicholson, Oliver Reed... Many interesting and fun stories to read up on.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
We watched “Top Gun Maverick” - was skeptical, but well done, good sets, good pace, a little Hollywoody at the end but what the heck. Have to give 5/5*. As a film, better than the original for me 0E4403C3-2507-4644-8834-B34FE4D9E769.jpeg

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
On TCM it’s “Obsession” - I like the British title better and relates better to the story. Blacklisted Hollywood Ten director, nice noir, my kind of movie! Pipe smoking Scotland Yard Superintendent. 4/5*DBCE86B4-EC2C-46D0-9FB2-031F5B259E7D.jpeg

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
On TCM it’s “Obsession” - I like the British title better and relates better to the story. Blacklisted Hollywood Ten director, nice noir, my kind of movie! Pipe smoking Scotland Yard Superintendent. 4/5*View attachment 168578
I also watched Obsession today on TCM. I rate it 4/5.

I got a kick out of the part towards the end when the Scotland Yard Superintendent flips the light switch in the garage and the light stays on. He yanks the wire from the switch and follows the wire out the door, down the hill, through the tunnel into the hidden room.

Good movie...I enjoyed it.

Reactions: Alejo R.
Status
Not open for further replies.