PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
Right you are. More like a regular HD.

Sorry to say, I didn't care for the film so much. The soccer scenes were abysmal. A few fleeting moments of Pele, but in staged "game mode". I can't give it more than 2.5/5.
It’s not a great movie and I agree with your estimation of the soccer content.
I and probably many others enjoy it because of the nostalgia factor. If I hadn’t seen it when it was originally released I’m not sure I would even give it 2.5/5

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
The Old Man on Hulu. 3 out of 5. Great casting. Keeps your interest as it unfolds, nothing unbelievably new.

CIA, Russian - Afghan war, rogue operator, government secrets. And of course very Jeff Bridges And John Lithgow.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Agree on the above elements. But after the last ep, I wondered whaaaaaat? Too often I don't pay full attention and miss a critical part/clue/relationship. But this one left me unclear. Also 3/5.

Reactions: JOHN72

Akousticplyr

Lifer
Oct 12, 2019
Florida Panhandle
It’s not a great movie and I agree with your estimation of the soccer content.
I and probably many others enjoy it because of the nostalgia factor. If I hadn’t seen it when it was originally released I’m not sure I would even give it 2.5/5
Same. I rounded up my rating because of nostalgia. As a kid playing soccer when it came out, I remember for months after all of us trying to do bicycle kicks like Pele. ?

• Love
Reactions: LotusEater

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
View attachment 162078

Completed Midnight Mass on Netflix. It's a supernatural thriller or maybe a mystery, written and directed by a filmmaker known for the horror genre.

It is 7 episodes encompassing 10 hours of some of the most compelling and best acted cinema I've seen in a very, very long time. Be forewarned, it is very slow moving, but that allows for a vast amount of character development. It also adds to depth to the very short story. It is phenomenal. 5/5*

I'd give it 10* if I could... it's that good.
Been watching it for a few nights, today we are on episode 6. Wife likes it a lot, I am getting mixed feelings and the event on episode 5 annoyed me. I predict it'll be a case of a story with no conclusion which I absolutely hate!

Reactions: JOHN72 and jpmcwjr

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
On Prime I'm watching a circa mid '90's British show called the Time Team following a team of archeologists as they cross Britain searching to help find answers to questions posed by individuals about the history of their areas. It's fun to watch, though a little slick due to its format.
4/5
I loves me some Time Team. British TV has some great shows that are both entertaining and informative at the same time yet somehow neither. It's weird but good.

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
Just finished Better Call Saul. Great finale. 5/5 for the series.

Better than Breaking Bad in most respects, IMO. BB was more brute force where BCS had a lot of subtlety and nuance to reward the attentive viewer.

Reactions: smudgersmissingleg

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Finished Midnight Mass, hated it in the end.

Started watching Archive 81, two episodes in and it looks good, maybe moves a bit fast but we’ll see. Seems to be paying homage to quite a few horror films like The Shining, Don’t Look Now, Blair Witch Project.
I absolutely loved Archive 81 but everyone I recommended it to thought it was terrible. ?‍♂️

Reactions: karam
Just wat
Outer Range

View attachment 163637

I am very impressed with this one so far, I’m also digging the new look for Prime (way overdue).

This is a good supernatural thriller, great acting, intriguing plot. Just gotta love Josh Brolin.

5/5 (this is right up my wheelhouse!)
Just watched a trailer. Intrigued. So, is it like Yellowstone meets Stranger Things?

Status
Not open for further replies.