PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akousticplyr

Lifer
Oct 12, 2019
Florida Panhandle
Re-Watched “Victory” last night. Also known as “Escape to Victory” in some markets.

Directed by John Huston.

Michael Caine, Sly Stallone, and even Pele!

Not a bad way to kill a Sunday night.
3.75/5 ⭐

As allied P.O.W.s prepare for a soccer game against the German National Team to be played in Nazi-occupied Paris, the French Resistance and British officers are making plans for the team's escape.

Victory (1981) - IMDb - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083284/

MV5BMDVhZjBiNDgtZTY1YS00Y2I3LTgwYTUtMDExYzNjMDNkMDQ3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDk3NzU2MTQ@._V1_.jpg

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Re-Watched “Victory” last night. Also known as “Escape to Victory” in some markets.

Directed by John Huston.

Michael Caine, Sly Stallone, and even Pele!

Not a bad way to kill a Sunday night.
3.75/5 ⭐

As allied P.O.W.s prepare for a soccer game against the German National Team to be played in Nazi-occupied Paris, the French Resistance and British officers are making plans for the team's escape.

Victory (1981) - IMDb - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083284/

MV5BMDVhZjBiNDgtZTY1YS00Y2I3LTgwYTUtMDExYzNjMDNkMDQ3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDk3NzU2MTQ@._V1_.jpg
I'm going to have to look for this. Never seen it before.

STP

Lifer
Sep 8, 2020
Northeast USA
Where The Crawdads Sing. I didn’t read the book, I didn’t like the trailer, and the content wasn’t interesting, but the movie fell into a convenient time slot to make dinner reservations. With some reluctancy, I purchased tickets… and was pleasantly surprised. I love when that happens. Very good movie. 5/5 ??

EDB9ABA6-5E91-49EA-BD3F-2ED81AB325C2.jpeg

Reactions: hawky454

Streeper541

Lifer
Jun 16, 2021
Spencer, OH
p20481775_i_v9_ab.jpg

Completed Midnight Mass on Netflix. It's a supernatural thriller or maybe a mystery, written and directed by a filmmaker known for the horror genre.

It is 7 episodes encompassing 10 hours of some of the most compelling and best acted cinema I've seen in a very, very long time. Be forewarned, it is very slow moving, but that allows for a vast amount of character development. It also adds to depth to the very short story. It is phenomenal. 5/5*

I'd give it 10* if I could... it's that good.

Reactions: hawky454

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
Westworld latest season on HBO. I've watched all preceding seasons. It's overly complicated, teases the viewer with undisclosed plot details that aren't revealed till later, but I love it. 4/5

The Sandman on Netflix. I haven't read the comics and think the show is very cartoonish with thin character development, which I expected. Also 4/5

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
As it’s an old movie with a film transfer, I don’t think you’re really getting a lot from a 4K version. I’ll see if there are other sources and share the link if I find one
Right you are. More like a regular HD.

Sorry to say, I didn't care for the film so much. The soccer scenes were abysmal. A few fleeting moments of Pele, but in staged "game mode". I can't give it more than 2.5/5.

Status
Not open for further replies.