PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Streeper541

Lifer
Jun 16, 2021
Spencer, OH
Finished Moon Knight on Disney+ as well as Star Trek: Picard Season 2 on Paramount+

I had high hopes for both and gave Moon Knight high marks at the halfway point, but as many series do... it jumped the shark at episode 3 and finished poorly. 2/5.

As for Season 2 of Picard... as many others have said... don't bother. What an epic disappointment. 1/5. Even with most of the TNG cast rumored to return for Season 3, I'll probably pass.

I'm very disappointed in both.

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
Just finished all seasons of Letterkenny on Hulu. At times a little crude but I have no problem embracing my inner 12 year old boy?. Overall, funny as hell ! I’ll give it a 4/5.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

Western Isles

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2021
Tennessee
Britbox continues to deliver gems. This time it's The Last Detective, a slightly offbeat police procedural starring Peter Davison as DC Davies, a too nice guy in a not so nice world. Considered a joke by his cynical colleagues who have nicknamed him "Dangerous" because they think he isn't, or "The Last Detective" because he's the last one who would be chosen, separated from his wife, who found him too boring, Davies navigates his world of north London as best he can. The series is well plotted and effortlessly moves between drama and a gently goofy character driven comedy.
Dig beyond the top rows of promoted series and you might find some enjoyable entertainment.

5 out of 5
We found The Last Detective at the local library after Christmas and enjoyed it. We enjoyed Davison as Tristan Farnon (ages ago), but he's matured into a really fine actor.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Have been watching "We Own This City" on HBO, based on true story. I think it's a weak "City On A Hill" which I think was a better series (but it wasn't driven by a true story/book in the way the current HBO show is) but that wasn't a "must watch" for me, watched mostly for Kevin Bacon's work.

One over the top character, does let you know how corrupt Baltimore PD, or parts of it were. I'm just not finding it compelling and last night was the last night.

2 1/2 *

Western Isles

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2021
Tennessee
Gents:

Please leave your rating on each movie or series you have seen, whether or not you agree with someone who's already posted a rating.
Okay, I hadn't rated it as it's not something I'm currently watching, but for the record I would give The Last Detective 4.5 stars out of 5. Ironically, our daughter passed through while we were watching an early episode, called it The Crap Detective Show, but then became a convert and avidly watched the rest of the four series with us. Sadly, the comedic actor that played Mod in the series, Sean Hughes, died recently in his early 50s.

OldWill

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 9, 2022
Blanco, Texas
"Shakespeare and Hathaway", season 2, having finished season 1. My wife and I find it funny, but not in a slapstick way. I personally love all the Bard refetences. 4/5 stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.