PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2018
England
Mr. Tyson is a very difficult interview in the best of times.
Back in the day he most certainly could be but these days he's so chilled and at peace with himeself.

He has an interview show on YouTube called "Hotboxin' with Mike Tyson" which is definitely worth a look. Mike comes across as a laid back dude who's smart and funny, the banter is top class. He's had a wide variety of guests on there Including William Shatner, comedian Bill Burr, Eminem and of course lots of boxers. Current heavyweight champ Tyson Fury and Mike's old foe Evander Holyfield are a couple of standout episodes.

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Jun 9, 2018
England
Just watched another ESPN 30 FOR 30 documentary on Disney+ (I'm loving these) called "NO MA'S".

It's about Roberto Durán and Sugar Ray Leonard's infamous 1980 showdown. They spend quite a bit of the film covering the incredible first fight as well as their 2nd meeting.

Both fighters are interviewed and actually meet up at the end so Leonard can ask Durán why he really gave up.
One thing this documentary makes clear is Sugar Ray is a total class act whereas Roberto Durán was one crazy motherfucker. They're both a pair of absolute legends though.

Anyone interested in boxing will enjoy it.
5/5

Reactions: STP and jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Watching S2 of The Bay. 5/5, on Britbox. It is set in Morecambe, and the following came from WikI:

"Morecambe and the neighbouring village of Heysham are the setting of the Cthulhu Mythos novel The Weird Shadow over Morecambe, published by the writer Edmund Glasby in 2014.[36] The title of the book is a reference to H.P. Lovecraft's story "The Shadow over Innsmouth", which is also set in a seaside town."

marconi

Part of the Furniture Now
May 17, 2019
England
I Have been watching LUPIN on Netflix this was number uno in the UK. it's a French series dubbed into mid Atlantic English it's very well done .Based on the the novels of Maurice le Blanc about Arsene Lupin Gentleman Burglar 5/5 we are now waiting for the second series.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

marconi

Part of the Furniture Now
May 17, 2019
England
If you have never seen it ' All Creatures great and small' a classic series is having a re run on BBC Iplayer. Set in the 1950's made in the 1970's about a North Yorkshire Veterinary Practice.Lots of pipe action, drinking ale and smoking in pubs ,classic cars .Essential viewing for anyone thinking of becoming a veternarian or an actor as you see a young actor playing a Vet, sticking his arm up the backside of a cow/sheep/horse, having a rummage no special effects here. Also great acting 5/5

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Miracle In Cell No. 7 (The newer Turkish version.)

Very honestly it made me cry and I couldn't stop hugging my daughter afterwards.

(Edit to say 4.5 out of 5 stars. But that may just be because I'm a father of a little girl.)

Warning: plot spoilers in the link below.

Status
Not open for further replies.