Status
Not open for further replies.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
We like shows on MHz
Is that an APP? How would one get that?
MHz Choice is offering 50% off your first month. mhzchoice.com

The French pipe smoking detective Maigret starring Bruno Cremer is available on MHz Choice. Nine season, 54 episodes. It's worth signing up for MHz for a couple of months just for Maigret.

Gus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
yesterday I saw "Darkest Hour", great work by Gary Oldman, interesting and moving narration of Churchill's first days as prime minister, 4/5 is my opinion.

El_instante_m_s_oscuro-142729291-large.jpg

Now I'm looking forward to Danish series, I think I'm going to watch again Forbrydelsen, they made a version in USA, The Killing, in my opinion very inferior to the Danish original, I can give an opinion already for Danish version, I saw it years ago, three seasons, the first one is excellent, tension, atmosphere, suspense, tense, magnificent, the next two, shorter, decline a little but still very interesting and fascinating to follow the evolution of the detective, the main protagonist.

5/5 for the first season, 4/5 for the two following ones.

images.jpg

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I just saw this movie on Netflix. I wasn’t expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised. We enjoyed it ? 4+/5
That actually looks pretty good. I'm going to add it to my watch list. Thanks.

Reactions: STP

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Though I bought it last year I only got around to watching the DVD of Rolling Stones 'Sticky Fingers Live At The Fonda Theatre 2015' last night.

It is of course the whole Sticky Fingers album played live. Great performance by the boys though Ronnie Wood was the stand out performer.

Rated at 7/10 but would have been 8/10 had they omitted the annoying interviews between most songs.

When I watch a concert I don't need interruptions ?

Regards,

Jay.?

Jun 9, 2018
England
I just saw this movie on Netflix. I wasn’t expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised. We enjoyed it ? 4+/5
LOL! I can't see what you're talking about because whatever it is it's not available in my country. The 3 replies to your post don't actually mention the movie either.

I'm gonna have to take a guess then?.
You all seemed to think it was very good so....
"The Last Airbender"?

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Jun 9, 2018
England
Just watched the ESPN 30 for 30 documentary about 'The Nature Boy' Rick Flair on StarzPlay Disney+.

It's a brilliant documentary on my favourite wrestler of all time. They interview all the main players including Taker, Hogan, HBK, HHH, JR and Jim Cornette. It takes in everything, starting with Rick's childhood and all the way through his incredible career.
Snoop Dog is interviewed (he's a big fan), I had no idea that Rick was so popular in the black community.

I thought it was brilliant and give it a Rolex wearin’, kiss stealin’, wheelin’ dealin', limousine ridin’, jet flyin’ 5/5

WOOOOOOOO!

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
Just watched the ESPN 30 for 30 documentary about 'The Nature Boy' Rick Flair on StarzPlay Disney+.

It's a brilliant documentary on my favourite wrestler of all time. They interview all the main players including Taker, Hogan, HBK, HHH, JR and Jim Cornette. It takes in everything, starting with Rick's childhood and all the way through his incredible career.
Snoop Dog is interviewed (he's a big fan), I had no idea that Rick was so popular in the black community.

I thought it was brilliant and give it a Rolex wearin’, kiss stealin’, wheelin’ dealin', limousine ridin’, jet flyin’ 5/5

WOOOOOOOO!

Ya wanna be da man...ya gotta beat da man baby. ?☕

Reactions: smudgersmissingleg

STP

Lifer
Sep 8, 2020
Northeast USA
LOL! I can't see what you're talking about because whatever it is it's not available in my country. The 3 replies to your post don't actually mention the movie either.

I'm gonna have to take a guess then?.
You all seemed to think it was very good so....
"The Last Airbender"?
The title is peppered in the trailer that I posted, but if you can’t view it, then it’s called “I Care A Lot”, which is currently ranked #1 in the US?
57698504-DE54-4C06-8655-26504F3352A1.jpeg

KafkaStoleMyBike

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 10, 2020
Dallas, TX
“Lovecraft Country” on HBO.

Probably my favorite read of last year, it will never live up to my hype/expectations. That being said, I’m still enjoying the show and my Better Half is along for the ride!

Reactions: keith929
Jun 9, 2018
England
Just watched another ESPN 30 FOR 30 documentary on Disney+, this one was called 42-1 and dealt with James 'Buster' Douglas's incredible upset over the seemingly invincible Mike Tyson.

I remember when this happened and it really was the sporting upset to end sporting upsets. Anyone who was around at that time will remember how unstoppable Mike seemed and how nobody gave Douglas a chance.

Like all the ESPN documentaries I've watched it was well done but I'd like to have Mike interviewed.

4/5

Reactions: STP and jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.