PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
WATCH] 'American Gods' Breaks Out Season 3 Trailer & It's Divine – Deadline

Having plowed through some of Neil Gaiman's books, we've been enjoying the series, American Gods.
Anne with an E (CD) | Varèse Sarabande

...and balancing it with one my wife picked out, Anne win an E, based on Anne of Green Gables, but better. Maybe it it's because of bringing a foster daughter into the house with already a plethora of daughters in my life, but it's pretty good. And, her adopted father in the series is a pipe smoker.

Curse of Oak Island. Seven seasons and they ain't found sh*t except, IMHO, old British military camp from the Seven-Years War.
Like ALL of those mystery and explorer shows... "People say that this COULD have been Hitler's 2 bedroom apartment in Memphis, Tennessee"... "We've been told that Hitler might have owned a candy shop in San Francisco"...

I hate those shows, because I know that most of the braindeads who watch them will believe any little crap they see on TV, without paying attention to the language used.

carlomarx

Can't Leave
Oct 29, 2011
State College,PA
Tell us about it, do you recommend?
It is a comedy/crime drama without over emphasizing either. An out of favor police officer who caused a public relations uproar due to a botched police raid is assigned to a newly created unit charged with solving cold cases. She staffs the unit with three retired detectives, the " old dogs". These guys are characters whose disdain for BS and authority and using old school methods that don't meet modern standards of political correctness or due process gets the job done. The humor is subtle and has a very human touch as they struggle with the changed times and their personal character flaws. Like with most BBC productions the cast is wonderful.
I probably didn't do the show justice with this review. I have, as my wife says, a "Very different sense of humor". Can't argue with her. I believe it is worth a look especially if you enjoy programs like "Morse" and "Endeavor". New Tricks reminds me of those shows but not quite so serious and with humor in the background.

Gus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
this morning I started to watch again "Band of Brothers", I remembered it from many years ago as one of my favourite miniseries, this afternoon I continued watching it and I will continue watching it until I finish, I guess tonight while my insomnia lasts.

Hermanos_de_sangre_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.