PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
Of all the shows we watched during the pandemic two stand out :
The Handmaid's Tale on Hulu. Dystopian, disturbing, compelling. Some of the most beautiful camera work and music I have ever seen/heard in a television show. A big 5/5.
Yellowstone on Paramount. Kevin Costner in a Montana ranch drama with an eerie quality. Sort of Dallas like but much better. 5/5

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Ok, there are a ton of bad movies out there. This one is different.

Nobody. Watch it, now. Best movie I've seen in several years, fun, original and a great soundtrack. Bob Odenkirk is a hoot!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Has anyone watched "For All Mankind" (Apple TV)? They just released Season 2, an alternate history show on the space race. Trailer looks good. The producer is the guy who did Battlestar Galactica, so thats a good thing.

We started The Nevers on HBO last night. It is off to a slow start, because we are trying to figure out what is going on, but I am sure it is going to be the next True Blood, Game of Thrones level series. Really good so far, and it looks like they've stolen all of the best actors from the BBC to make this. If steampunk, vintage scifi, or just really good superhero origin stories is your thing, then you'll enjoy this one. 5/5 so far...
1619526507914.png

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
"Keeping Faith". Acorn.

There are a few great shots of the Welsh countryside in this series but, mostly it's just a vehicle for Ms. Myles to chew some scenery.

Yea...Swmbo picked this one.

2/5.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
"19-2". Canadian crime drama set in Montreal, following an inner-city police squadron.

I enjoyed this series. Well written, acted and directed with not many plot holes. That said, this ain't your mama's Adam-12. These people bend the law when it suits them and, also, hump like rabbits. (Reed and Malloy may have done that too but...well, never mind).

Stand-out to Episode 11 (series 2, ep. 1) titled "School". The film-work here is outstanding for a feature film, much less t.v.

5/5 for "School"...4/5, overall.

Reactions: Kottan

Kottan

Apr 5, 2020
Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Yesterday I watched ‘The Queens Gambit' on NF whereupon I was pretty stirred up.

So, to change my mood I watched another movie thereafter, a comedy which I liked at once when it came out in 2000. The way the guys love and discuss rock music is priceless ….

High Fidility

Reactions: cosmicfolklore

ron123

Jan 28, 2015
Park Ridge, IL
I finished binge watching How I Met Your Mother on HULU last week and was pretty hooked. Probably not everyone's cuppa, but I enjoyed 4.5/5.

Now watching Peep Show, also on HULU. It's sort of a modern day Odd Couple, set in the UK. Just started season 2, and very much enjoying this as well...4/5 so far, but if it stays as strong as it has so far, maybe higher.

Reactions: scloyd
Jun 9, 2018
England
Just watched the first couple of episodes of the new series of Dark Side Of The Ring which was a 2 parter on Brian Pillman.

If wrestling doesn't interest you then this series won't mean anything but if you love watching shows about the characters and stories of pro wrestling then you've gotta watch this series.

5/5

Status
Not open for further replies.