New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember "The Sorcerer" when it came out.

I've been watching the new season of "Snowfall" on FX, in my opinion, easily one of the best of current television series.
I had to look it up, and it sounds very interesting. It's a crime drama set in the early 80's about a daughter of a Mexican drug lord getting into selling pot, the CIA, and... looks very interesting.
1616155895588.png
I will have to check this out. Thanks Al!

Reactions: smudgersmissingleg

rajangan

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 14, 2018
Edmonton, AB
I've started watching the new The Stand series and it's a really good reproduction of the book so far. Very well done, unlike the Dark Tower which was total BS.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Corner Gas! Watched some time ago, and occasionally pick an ep at random to re-watch. 4/5

Billions- Gave up after first season 2/5

Godless- Rewatching the 2017 series, now on Netflix. 5/5.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
The Stand (New one) - I hadn't read good things about this one, but I'm enjoying it (guess I really love the book). It seems to jump time a bit vs the 1500 page book, guess that was inevitable. Casting seems good too. I'd say 4/5 for now

Genuis: Aretha - we're really enjoying this show on NatGeo. Vintage shots are always fun, it's a little low budget, but the music/sound are great. Casting too. 4/5 for me (three episodes in).

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Jun 9, 2018
England
Framing John Delorean

It's a regular documentary about the famous entrepreneur that also mixes in filmed re-enactments of important moments in his life, Alec Baldwin plays John.

It was very interesting to see his spectacular rise to the top and even more spectacular fall from grace.
The documentary is very well done and interviews a lot of the people involved including his kids.

Even though he wasn't always a completely ethical and honest man I couldn't help liking the guy and his incredible life story.

5/5

Trailer:

Reactions: kcghost and jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.