PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Finished work and fed all the cats, and my last smoke of the day is Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a smooth straight brown circa WW2 Trapwell mountain laurel patent apple with a nickel band and a black tapered vulcanite stem. Still have a few things to do before bed time.
Trapwell_apple.jpg

Jun 9, 2018
England
Just had my first bowl of a Mcclelland Virginia?.
Mcclelland was never sold in the UK but I managed to buy a few blends before they closed including a tin of 40th Anniversary. Since then I've also acquired 3 tins of Christmas Cheer from different years.
The Christmas Cheer I opened was the most recent of the 3 and was the 2014 vintage. Very nice it was too.

I was a bit worried as none of the Christmas Cheers I bought (at considerable expense) had a swollen tin. I've got quite a few Cornell & Diehl blends in my cellar and many of them have swollen up so I was a bit worried that the Mcclelland had a slight crack in the seal that I couldn't see but I need not have worried as the tobacco was lovely and moist. I got a big hit of the ketchup smell everyone talks about but I couldn't taste it in the tobacco.
I've tried a few of these straight red Virginia blends now and have enjoyed them all. Unfortunately I can't find a straight red Virginia blend in the UK so I'll take it easy on the one's I've got. I've also got a single tin of Mccranies Red Flake from 1984 that I'm really looking forward to cracking open.

I smoked it in my Rattray's & Eldritch meerschaum.
rattrays-white-goddess-carved-meerschaum-3-a_1.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Not far from finishing this bowl of circa year 2000 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching Mad Dog Russo's show, thought he's taking the day off.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.