PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Peterson Royal Yacht, plum flavoring and all, in a grand old Kaywoodie Drinkless screw-in stem and stinger, that has recently turned from a matte gray brown into a strangely polished red finish over the bowl and shank carved grooves. 'sable advised me on melting the glue on the screw-in stem with a hair-dryer and moving it to perpendicular rather than cocked. Smokes great. The stinger is easy to clean. It's a good pipe for twenty some bucks new. Since it has a round shank, I guess it is an apple, though the shaping on the bowl looks like a diplomat or an author. For some reason, Kaywoodie avoids designating shapes so you have to figure them out yourself.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am smoking Watch City Rouxgaroux in a late 50s, early 60s Comoy’s straight smooth dark brown Deluxe 20 billiard with a silver cap military mount and a black vulcanite tapered stem. I'm off to get some stuff for Suzy and Molly.
Comoy’s_Deluxe 20 billiard_50-60.jpg

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Just finishing a bowl of GH&Co Kendal Mixed in a Dunhill Bruyere ODA 806 F/T apple from 1971.
3CC55826-034E-4303-94CA-386366B7F183.jpeg

In 1971 I was 8 years old, cigarette ads were kicked off TV, a fatal stampede happened at Glasgow Soccer Game, the Pentagon Papers were released, Disney World opened, Saturn14 landed on the moon and the UAE and Greenpeace were formed. Thanks to those damn hippies at Greenpeace, hundreds of thousands of whales have been saved and a fat guy like me could never safely go to the beach without some well meaning but misguided knucklehead yelling "Help me keep him wet until we can get him out to open sea!" and trying to roll us off our beach towels and into the water.

JimK

Lifer
Feb 11, 2021
Good day to all! Late start to a Hell-breaks-loose day (Prius hybrid stone dead/wheels locked etc. in garage, wife has must-do Dr. appointment at 11AM 85 miles away, so wife breaks foot at 8AM - I began contemplating ritual suicide). But now, car carried to dealer/170 mile Dr. apppointment done/wife and foot in bed, at 4:40PM able to finally have a blessed bowl: WIlke # 515 in a large TIlshead smooth Canadian.

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Surprisingly well actually. I found the dark fired leaf too full on to smoke when I got it a year ago, but it has mellowed nicely. Getting a lot of the stewed stone fruit flavour from the red va too, and bizarrely an occasional creaming soda vibe - which from memory, I think I associate with dark star. I’m gonna try it again blended with some cavendish as I think it could be sweeter, and I’ll also try pressing some to make some Birdseye, as that should help bring the red va sweetness forward too
Great to hear. I like tinkering with my tobacco, but not to that extent. Maybe when I retire… Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.