PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Morning everyone, first smoke is Suttlif English #1 in a London Briars Rhodesian. Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match up next in a black leather Longchamp meer lined Prince.

You’d think that after writing the word Longchamp over a thousand times on this stupid phone that predictive text would recognise it by now and not make me spell it out every time. It won’t even spell Oriental, it’ll spell it in every other variation, ~ist, ~ism etc.... but never oriental.
Sorry for the rant but it irritates the hell out of me.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I started my working day at my desk at 4.45 this morning since I have massive project to get out the door that I hope to get filed by early afternoon. Today I intend to finish up this opened tin of G&H BB No: 2 Flake before starting on a jar Black XX Twist from 9 years ago that needs to be smoked up to make some room. My pipe of choice is this battle hardened meerschaum 'cutty' circa 1900 by a Viennese carver with silver reinforcements, amber stem and original china restrictor.

thumbnail-2.jpeg

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
Morning everyone, first smoke is Suttlif English #1 in a London Briars Rhodesian. Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match up next in a black leather Longchamp meer lined Prince.

You’d think that after writing the word Longchamp over a thousand times on this stupid phone that predictive text would recognise it by now and not make me spell it out every time. It won’t even spell Oriental, it’ll spell it in every other variation, ~ist, ~ism etc.... but never oriental.
Sorry for the rant but it irritates the hell out of me.
I have had the same experience with the word oriental - kinda weird and definitely irritates me too

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
I started my working day at my desk at 4.45 this morning since I have massive project to get out the door that I hope to get filed by early afternoon. Today I intend to finish up this opened tin of G&H BB No: 2 Flake before starting on a jar Black XX Twist from 9 years ago that needs to be smoked up to make some room. My pipe of choice is this battle hardened meerschaum 'cutty' circa 1900 by a Viennese carver with silver reinforcements, amber stem and original china restrictor.

View attachment 97693
@condorlover1 I'd have had some with you in my clay if we weren't so far apart.
Nearly finished my packet of Condor now; done another 6000 steps today!

Jun 9, 2018
England
Had my first bowl of Gawith Hoggarth Dark Plug XX.

As far as I can tell the only place that sells this stuff in the UK (the world?) is GQ Tobaccos. It's a very stout Virginia blend with a very earthy, leathery flavour. I smoked it in my trusty old Peterson silver spigot XL02 and it was pretty tasty.

I also tried my first bowl of Gawith's Mahogany and that tasted like a toned down Ennerdale.

Status
Not open for further replies.