PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Good Morning Men! Another day in paradise, another day to smoke my pipes. I am starting my day with a bowl of BB No:2 with a small Expresso and that annoying meerschaum from yesterday that refuses to take any color. Today should be an interesting day so I think I might smoke one of my 'Ripper' pipes since I don't smoke them very often. Enjoy you day!

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Good Morning Men! Another day in paradise, another day to smoke my pipes. I am starting my day with a bowl of BB No:2 with a small Expresso and that annoying meerschaum from yesterday that refuses to take any color. Today should be an interesting day so I think I might smoke one of my 'Ripper' pipes since I don't smoke them very often. Enjoy you day!
If it’s being that stubborn about colouring you might want to try gently coating the outside with a bar of pure beeswax while the bowl is warm enough to melt it. Apparently it’s a reaction of the heat to the beeswax that causes the stain, also smoking it very slowly afterwards will allow the whole bowl to stain instead of just the bottom and the shank. I’d try it on a discreet area first or on a different meer if this one is special to you, just to get the hang of it.
Sorry if I’m telling you something you already know and you might want to get feedback on the idea from other members more knowledgeable than myself.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Packed for later, PS Amsterdam, which is currently not available I don't think (except for the jar on my shelf) in a Vuillard Windsor bent diplomat with a two-tone ferrule and a faux Cumberland stem. This is a French pipe. I think Amsterdam used to be a RYO as well as a pipe tobacco, as is true of many blends.

Status
Not open for further replies.